FIRECalc data updated for 2021

Thanks for maintaining this service, valuable to countless (aspiring) retirees!

Firecalc was my main tool in making the final decision to retire. Now I run it yearly in retirement to retest how we are doing. Thanks for upkeeping this excellent tool Dory36!

I try each year to remember to donate a little to keep Firecalc supported. Hope others do as well. For those so inclined, the donate button is kind of hidden at the bottom of the Resources page ... https://www.firecalc.com/resources.php

Now all I need is a way to get the valid estimate of post retirement expense to find out the magic number I need to save..

I think there is a bug. I re-ran my standard model, expecting it include an additional period due to the 2020 data, but it did not. It used the same number of periods as before the 2020 update.

So I went into the single-year spreadsheet, set it to 30 years starting in 1991 and it quits in 2018! No 2019 or 2020 data seems to be used. To confirm, I set the spreadsheet run to 1992 - it still quits at 2018.

Looking back to last year, it did appear to increment correctly when the 2019 update was added.

I also would like to thank all of those behind the scenes, that keep ER the pace to be. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom