FIRECalc not working

nico08

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi. This is the message I get when I try to use FIRECalc. I am using Chrome. Do you get an error message like this too?

Warning: require_once(common/top.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Input/output error in /home/firecalc/public_html/index.php on line 197

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'common/top.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php52/lib/php') in /home/firecalc/public_html/index.php on line 197

same

Warning: require_once(common/top.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Input/output error in /home/firecalc/public_html/index.php on line 197

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'common/top.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php52/lib/php') in /home/firecalc/public_html/index.php on line 197

The administrators are aware and are working on a fix. No estimate on how long it will take though.

The administrators are aware and are working on a fix. No estimate on how long it will take though.

Is there a way I can find out when it fixed? Do you think it will take a long time to fix the program, like more than a week?

Is there a way I can find out when it fixed? Do you think it will take a long time to fix the program, like more than a week?

If you're in a hurry, try ********. You might find you like it better anyway. Some people here seem to question it's accuracy, but from my testing, the results are almost identical to FIRECalc, with a slightly better interface and some additional options.

If you're in a hurry, try ********. You might find you like it better anyway. Some people here seem to question it's accuracy, but from my testing, the results are almost identical to FIRECalc, with a slightly better interface and some additional options.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Nico-

I'd be interested in your thoughts on ******** after you've used it. It's relatively new, and I've used it just a bit. But, I definitely like what I've seen so far. I use Fido's RIP tool the most, i-ORP occassionally, and FIRECalc. But, our plan for decumulation (I just semi-FIREd) is a variable withdrawal methodology so, ******** seems like a great tool to analyze and compare various methods.

The issue with firecalc is that the company that hosts the site server is having an outage. The site won't be back up until they have resolved their problem. we have contacted them and are as anxious as you are - trust me an unplanned outage this long is practically unheard off...

Must be hosted with a company that is part of the EIG group. Just a guess.

The issue with firecalc is that the company that hosts the site server is having an outage. The site won't be back up until they have resolved their problem. we have contacted them and are as anxious as you are - trust me an unplanned outage this long is practically unheard off...[/QUOTE]

Must be hosted with a company that is part of the EIG group. Just a guess.

Maybe they're testing our endurance? :-\

The issue with firecalc is that the company that hosts the site server is having an outage. The site won't be back up until they have resolved their problem. we have contacted them and are as anxious as you are - trust me an unplanned outage this long is practically unheard off...[/QUOTE]
Maybe they're testing our endurance? :-\
Being a small time consumer of such for years, it is a business that has its share of problems. When I hear of an outage, or experience one, my heart sinks. I went through this on 10/29, with an outage of 8 hours for sites that are very simple, and static. Based on the experience, I'm thinking of helping a few clients move to other hosts, and dropping my involvement.
I checked my support this morning and found ongoing*"issues with Innodb and MySQL". That is just incredible to read, that in the third day some are still in an outage. I am fortunate in that I am not really using either dB.
Hope this gets resolved soon for the legions of users.

I just tried now and FIRECalc loaded normally.

Back
Top Bottom