From AHA: Chili Pepper Consumption May Reduce Mortality

Love my Thai food hot with plenty of chiles. Yes you pay the price a little, but love the taste.

I don't know why, but hot and spicy never affects my digestive system. My Ex was the opposite. When I went on business trips and had my choice of places for dinner it was always Thai or Indian with dishes that would have left him sitting on the porcelain throne all night. I still remember a delicious bowl of mulligatawny at a restaurant in Toronto that I swear cleared up the congestion I had from a bad cold.

I have several hot pepper mixes and throw them on everything but breakfast. I even take them with me when I'm visiting DS and DDIL. My little granddaughters, ages 4 and 6, recoil in horror when I jokingly offer to season their food but I wonder if they'll acquire the taste when they grow up.

Yet another retrospective correlation study. What do you call a bus full of epidemiologists going over a cliff? :LOL:

I have a 28oz can of pickled jalapenos I got free at my local mexican grocery store, but I'm at a loss of what to do with it :confused:

Also, funny time at a local thai restaurant, we ordered medium hot, as the time before it had zero heat. It was great.
However, I sweat almost at the thought of eating spicy hot food. Sure enough, sweat was literally dripping down my face.
I was with DW, and she is used to my reaction to this.
The restaurant staff came over concerned I was having a heart attack or something since they could see it :D

They are wrong just like I was. My NM neighbors have told me more than once about the 'e'. I'm just a slow learner.

Yup. There wrong. People need to use the write word. A former neighbor from Chili had a lot of problems with English because of sum words that sounded the same. He could never find the Chile beans he needed to make his favorite dinner. Not even hear in a very mixed neighborhood.

We should be in good shape between the chilis, the tomatoes, the blueberries and the red wine! We eat a fair amount of Italian and Thai. Penang Curry tonight!

How was causation versus correlation determined?

Or maybe not.
"The spelling chile is of Spanish origin and is common in southwestern areas of the U.S. where that language is frequently used."
Which is the only geography that matters.

What is next? Telling me that "hot" is the same as picante?

Last edited:
I don't know why, but hot and spicy never affects my digestive system. My Ex was the opposite. When I went on business trips and had my choice of places for dinner it was always Thai or Indian with dishes that would have left him sitting on the porcelain throne all night. I still remember a delicious bowl of mulligatawny at a restaurant in Toronto that I swear cleared up the congestion I had from a bad cold.

I have several hot pepper mixes and throw them on everything but breakfast. I even take them with me when I'm visiting DS and DDIL. My little granddaughters, ages 4 and 6, recoil in horror when I jokingly offer to season their food but I wonder if they'll acquire the taste when they grow up.

You are lucky there. lol
WRT to TMI, it is just a very short term effect in a normal sitting time situation.:D

"The spelling chile is of Spanish origin and is common in southwestern areas of the U.S. where that language is frequently used."
Which is the only geography that matters.

What is next? Telling me that "hot" is the same as picante?

Attachments

• new-york-center-of-the-universe-new-yorker-cover-steinberg1-902x1024.jpg
    new-york-center-of-the-universe-new-yorker-cover-steinberg1-902x1024.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 18
Yup. There wrong. People need to use the write word. A former neighbor from Chili had a lot of problems with English because of sum words that sounded the same. He could never find the Chile beans he needed to make his favorite dinner. Not even hear in a very mixed neighborhood.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I C what U did...

A cartoon from a local NM cartoonist RICARDO CATE

Attachments

• RICARDO CATE Chile.jpg
    RICARDO CATE Chile.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 13
I can't eat the hot Thai type peppers but about 1/3 of my freezer is NM roasted green chile, an Anaheim variety that is hotter than the typical Anaheim. My medium hot chile is probably about 3000-8000 SHU but I am usually eating 1/2 cup to a cup at a time in enchiladas, green chile stew, pinto beans, or smothered over a burrito. Sometimes I mix medium and hot chile. Also put green chile or jalapenos on my pizza and crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper in other foods. It certainly helps me cut down on my sodium intake without sacrificing flavor.

Back
Top Bottom