Frugal student style

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Maybe a bit too thrifty, but these good lines:

" Now, instead of being poor, I am radically frugal. Sometimes, though, I think it would be nice to have an ironing board, plumbing and a wood stove. It would be nice. A middle-class family might think it would be nice to have an in-ground swimming pool. A millionaire might think it would be nice to have a yacht. The billionaire, a private jet. Someone, somewhere might think it would be nice to have food to feed her family tonight. Someone, somewhere might think it would be nice to live in a van in order to afford to go to a wonderful school. I could begin satisfying my desires and buying comforts, but I've learned to appreciate what little I have instead of longing for what I do not".

Pinched - Salon.com

At the risk of sounding pretty corny, I would add that all of us are rich in the sense that we are experiencing, and have, this day. Not only that, but most of us are healthy and have our vision and hearing intact with which to appreciate this day.

We can stop and [-]smell the roses[/-] enjoy the experience of being alive if we just think to do so. In doing so we become wealthy, in a sense.

Back
Top Bottom