Gas Price up $.80 in 5 weeks

Interesting Martyb, I just saw regular priced at $3.65 in Crockett this afternoon. Almost 15 cents differance between Lufkin and Crockett. (~45 miles apart) I drive into the Shreveport area seveal times a month and have also noticed the price drops 15 to 20 cents a gallon as soon as I cross the state line.

Maybe it's time to buy back into some oil/gas stocks. :)

A good friend of mine lives in Crockett, but drives to work everyday in Lufkin. She tells me gas is cheaper in Lufkin, too. I work in Lufkin 4 days a week, have an apartment there, then drive to Shreveport on weekends. Last month, I spent the weekend in Huntsville, TX, and passing through the Trinity area, I was surprised that gas was way cheaper there than in Lufkin. I don't know what to attribute the wild differences to within the east Texas area. So....you live in Crockett?

While we both like the 4WD pickup, on a good day it gets 18 mpg so it will probably be the last one we buy, especially since when we make the last move we won't really need a pickup truck anymore.

We are on a road trip with our 36 highway mpg lightly loaded Civic right now, vs our road trip last year in our 18 highway mpg big car. So glad we picked cramped vs comfy every time we fill up.

I just filled up the car at $4.159 a gallon in San Francisco.

Back
Top Bottom