Grim milestone of 4,000 deaths

You are right. I do know little of you or your friends. I only know you by the contents of your post, and, I standby what I have said. When one uses the death of American soldiers to trumpet their cause, I have little tolerance for them, be that a pro or anti war theme.

Those that serve do so for diverse reasons, as my son does. I know what he thinks about this war. I also know that should he die, the last thing he would want is the news of his death spread all over bulletin boards to expound a cause he did not believe in.

So if you have a son in the military, and god forbid he should suffer, then most certainly you will have earned the right to use his death to further your cause. However, until that point, if you choose to troll for comments using the death of American soldiers, as Wags does, then I will look for you and your friends down by the pond.

Then I guess you need to write a nice letter to Old George W and Dick Cheney to tell them to quit using the death of American soldiers to further their poitical agenda and to justify the continuing of the Iraq War.

If one has to have a son or a daughter in the military in order to earn the right to further their cause then again you need to write to Old George W and Dick Cheney because neither one of them have their daughters serving in the military.

And if one has to have served in the military in order to express an opinion or a viewpoint then once again you need to write to Old George W and Dick Cheney because one got his daddy (41)to pull some strings to get him out of going to fight in Vietnam and the other got multiple
de·fer·ments.

Rustic, just like in the case of Newguy, you do not know me and with that being said you need to get off your high horse. The last time I checked we all have a right to express our opinions and our viewpoints. It is not a right that has to be earned or a right that you or anybody can grant us.

My dear lady do not get your panties in a twist over it.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

Last edited:
Boy Wags sure did miss you. :smitten:Newguy picked up the slack in your absence though.

You are right. I do know little of you or your friends. I only know you by the contents of your post, and, I standby what I have said. When one uses the death of American soldiers to trumpet their cause, I have little tolerance for them, be that a pro or anti war theme.

Those that serve do so for diverse reasons, as my son does. I know what he thinks about this war. I also know that should he die, the last thing he would want is the news of his death spread all over bulletin boards to expound a cause he did not believe in.

So if you have a son in the military, and god forbid he should suffer, then most certainly you will have earned the right to use his death to further your cause. However, until that point, if you choose to troll for comments using the death of American soldiers, as Wags does, then I will look for you and your friends down by the pond.

I told you we have much more in common. You have a son in the military, I a nephew. My post a few weeks back was never intended to slight or use the military deaths as any troll like feature.

CNN - U.S and Coalition Casualties

Links and data from CNN

Forces: U.S. & Coalition/Casualties - Special Reports from CNN.com

Iraq

There have been 4,414 coalition deaths -- 4,101 Americans, two Australians, 176 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, one Czech, seven Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, five Georgians, one Hungarian, 33 Italians, one Kazakh, one Korean, three Latvian, 22 Poles, three Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians -- in the war in Iraq as of June 20, 2008, according to a CNN count. (Graphical breakdown of casualties). The list below is the names of the soldiers, Marines, airmen, sailors and Coast Guardsmen whose deaths have been reported by their country's governments. The list also includes seven employees of the U.S. Defense Department. At least 30,209 U.S. troops have been wounded in action, according to the Pentagon. View casualties in the war in Afghanistan and examine U.S. war casualties dating back to the Revolutionary War.

Afghanistan

Enduring Freedom Casualties - Special Reports

There have been 839 coalition deaths -- 518 Americans, five Australians, 106 Britons, 85 Canadians, three Czech, 14 Danes, 16 Dutch, three Estonians, one Finn, 12 French, 22 Germans, 11 Italians, one Lithuanian, three Norwegians, three Poles, two Portuguese, seven Romanians, one South Korean, 23 Spaniards, two Swedes -- in the war on terror as of June 20, 2008, according to a CNN count. Below are the names of the soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors whose deaths have been reported by their country's governments. The troops died in support of the U.S.-led Operation Enduring Freedom or were part of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan. At least 2,071 U.S. personnel have been wounded in action, according to the Pentagon. View the list of casualties in the war in Iraq and examine U.S. war casualties dating back to the Revolutionary War.

End of links and data from CNN

Please remember of all our troops and all of our coalition troops who have lost their lives and who have been injured. Let's also remember their families.

God Bless Us All:angel:

Back
Top Bottom