Hands Off=Worry Free?

i track and reconcile CC charges and statements as a defense against fraud and identity theft. we use CC for virtually everything.

I have occasionally found a small bogus charge, so I always reconcile CC statements. The large fraud charges I pick up earlier as I’ll get an email or text when the charge is initially made.

I have occasionally found a small bogus charge, so I always reconcile CC statements. The large fraud charges I pick up earlier as I’ll get an email or text when the charge is initially made.
you gave me a good idea. i re-set the notification from $100 to $1 for all charges. i'm still gonna reconcile...trust but verify. :D

Autopay everything except my monthly golf course membership where I still have to write a check ;(
I do log each expense into a small spreadsheet and have many years’ of these little spreadsheets saved to satisfy my OCD side.

Absolutely auto-pay, after a post office gaffe

I auto-pay everything I can, and check statements regularly:
1) some utilities/services bump up prices sneakily, so I track all payments on monthly spreadsheets
2) years ago, I had a renovation and a brief move to a unit in the same complex. The post office goofed, withheld some bills, and I got dinged for late payment on a CC, even with a letter from the post office claiming mea culpa (of course: it is still my responsibility to pay on time regardless, but I thought it might sway any credit score notification. It did not).
That was years ago (1990s?) pre-internet auto-pay options. But lesson learned and absorbed.

Back
Top Bottom