Have You Lived Extra Frugally a Couple Years Post Retirement to Increase Portfolio?

A few good reasons not to do it all at once:
1) One avoids possible overuse injuries. Gardening can be addictive but as one gets older the back is perhaps a little less resilient.
2) Doing a bit at a time is my time honored way to eliminate avoidance behavior i.e. taking care of a task by saying to myself "I'll just get into it a bit and then complete it over a period of time". Helps with tasks you don't like that much. Divide and conquer.

Hi Nico, you can PM me.

It's been a couple months. I'm taking the summer off for sure. There are some unusual financial events happening for me in the next couple of months. After they settle I'll know how much I really have. I'm hoping I'll also know what my real monthly expenses look like by then too. I'm planning to do another rerun of multiple calculators and also speak to a financial advisor at that point and will come up with some long-term plan then. For now I'm trying to decompress, destress, and enjoy life in ways that weren't possible when I was working.

Back
Top Bottom