Hello from long time reader

happycampr

Dryer sheet wannabe
Have been an avid reader of this forum for a several years and finally decided to officially say hello!

DH and I (57/58) have been retired since 2015 and at this point feel pretty secure financially. Thanks to pension/rental income we can live well without raiding the savings. Home is Chapel Hill, NC but so far in retirement we are away traveling more than half the year.

I look forward to interacting on the forum.

hc

Hello from another happy resident of Chapel Hill, the Southern Part of Heaven. We too are in CH for 6 months a year and in Linville NC in the summer months.

Welcome to the Forum and GO HEELS!

Thanks Harlee! Linville is a great place to spend summer. I grew up in Miami Florida, but the summers in CH seem hotter!

We shall see...first UNC v Duke game on 2/20, second on 3/9. Duke has all those great Freshmen but UNC has great Freshman and 3 great Seniors. Experience counts.

Hello from another happy resident of Chapel Hill, the Southern Part of Heaven.

There was an interesting article by Bea Witten about the origin of “The Southern Part Of Heaven”. It’s the title of a 1950 book by William Meade Prince, who grew up in the area and lived in a neighborhood established in the 1930s. The neighborhood is named Greenwood, after Paul Green, a professor and screenwriter.

Green wrote what Bette Davis said was her favorite line in a movie: “I’d like to kiss you, but I just washed my hair. Bye!”

https://youtu.be/ndSEWPQlYjU

Last edited:
Welcome happycampr!

My son just got his acceptance letter yesterday to attend UNC Chapel Hill and I went there too some 30 years ago. Go Heels!

Welcome happycampr!

My son just got his acceptance letter yesterday to attend UNC Chapel Hill and I went there too some 30 years ago. Go Heels!

Congrats to your son. UNC is a hard place to get into, much harder now than when I went there 50 years ago!

Back
Top Bottom