HELOC's

I'd scour the internet as there will most likely be a local bank/CU with a better deal. I left CA 10 years ago, but back then had a HELOC with Meriwest. No idea if they're the best place today.

PenFed has really become a third rate credit union in the past 7 or 8 years. They used to be one of the best, but I don't recommend them for anything these days. Their employees are either poorly trained or incompetent, and their rates are easy to beat.

PenFed has really become a third rate credit union in the past 7 or 8 years. They used to be one of the best, but I don't recommend them for anything these days. Their employees are either poorly trained or incompetent, and their rates are easy to beat.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I used to be a big fan, but my last mortgage was with them and it was an absolute nightmare to deal with them. Never again.

Need more info on what’s important to you OP. With rates trending up the margin and caps are more significant for a HELOC. A fixed HEL might be better in this environment if it would meet your needs.

Third Federal Savings HELOC has worked well for us. I don’t know if they make loans in CA.

Back
Top Bottom