Honolulu's #1!

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Well, for the worst traffic, anyway. Per individual driver, not overall congestion.

Honolulu most congested U.S. city for drivers - Pacific Business News

Honolulu most congested U.S. city for drivers
Honolulu has topped a list of the worst commutes in the nation, with motorists wasting an average of 58 hours stuck in traffic last year, according to a study by Inrix Inc.
Bloomberg reports Honolulu soared to the top of the Inrix National Traffic Scorecard from No. 37 last year because of a way in which Inrix counts congestion, according to co-author Jim Bak.
“We’ve shifted to focus on travel time for individual drivers, rather than overall congestion,” Bak told Bloomberg. “L.A. has 15 times more people and 20 times the roadways of Honolulu, so at the system level, it obviously has much greater overall congestion.”

During my working years, I thought it was just an anomaly that I could commute by bicycle from Central Oahu to Pearl Harbor faster than the traffic. Both downhill and uphill...

On Oahu, it has always seemed to me that driving was slow due to traffic. There it's not the distance from A to B, but instead the driving time that matters.

During my working years, I thought it was just an anomaly that I could commute by bicycle from Central Oahu to Pearl Harbor faster than the traffic. Both downhill and uphill...
DC is always up among the the worst commutes also. Happily that doesn't mattter to me and we came in at #4 this year in Bicycling Magazine's list of most bike friendly cities. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom