If Life after ER is like this, I'll be a happy man

tomz

Recycles dryer sheets
What a great weekend.  Gorgeous weather.  Went fly fishing Saturday at dusk and caught 3 nice brown trout on size 16 sulfurs.  Left them biting and plan to go back as often as I can this week after work.  On Sunday, the DW and I went to Storm King Art Center and wandered around the great sculptures and had a wine, cheese, bread, and fresh strawberries picnic.  Later, my son and his soon to be fiancee made a surprise visit in honor of DW's birthday.  He is supposed to be in England studying but on a whim got a last minute low fare and showed up on our doorstep.  Sunday night - a nice dinner out.  Today: took the kayak out and had a leisurely paddle up and down the Wallkill river.  Left the rods at home.  I just wanted some exercise and the temps were in the 80s, no wind and bright sunny skies.  Now it's cocktail time - sipping a nice bourbon and water on the deck.  Listening to the birds.  Later - chicken on the grill.

Right now, weekends like this are few and far between.  I'm looking forward to ER when days like this are the rule rather the exception.  Sighh. :)

tomz said:
I'm looking forward to ER when days like this are the rule rather the exception. Sighh. :)

Tom, I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't want you to get the idea that every day in ER is as good as you have described. Some are better. ;)

Sounds pretty nice to me. I can't wait.

KB Sharkstooth

tomz,

Are you in Highland Falls or inside the gates?

Is the Hilltop Tavern still there?

That is a beautiful part of the world. Got to go back some day.

Cheers!

Gypsy

Yeah -- nothing like having the kids and grandkids make a surprise visit. My wife arranged for such an occasion on my 55th b'day: one kid, then another, then the grandkids with their Moms and Dads. Pulled it off without a hitch and surprised me 4 times in two days.

I was in heaven. She had even called my secretary to make sure I had cleared the next couple of days so I could take vacation time. Glad you enjoyed.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Yeah -- nothing like having the kids and grandkids make a surprise visit.
A friend of mine surprised his mother on an unexpected trip home from college. He was smuggled into the house late at night by his father and came downstairs the next morning as his mother was cooking breakfast.
"Good morning, Mom. What's for breakfast?"
"Hi, son, pancakes. Would you like some?"
"Sure, thanks, two please!"
"OK, they'll be ready in a minute."

Then she turned toward the stove, paused for a minute, dropped the mixing bowl, and fainted. Everything eventually returned to normal-- good thing she wasn't chopping vegetables.

tomz said:
Right now, weekends like this are few and far between.  I'm looking forward to ER when days like this are the rule rather the exception.  Sighh. :)

DH & I had a great weekend too.  The weather was incredible.  DH still works (for now), but I'm a month into ER, and I'm getting used to it!!.   :D  It was so nice to relax and enjoy the weekend without worrying about laundry, groceries, cleaning, all that mundane stuff.  We went for walks, played in the garden, cooked out steaks, went to the local town fair, and just hung out.  So today I can catch up on the mundane stuff while the rest of the world is at work.

ER - gotta love it!!

CJ

I had a pretty good weekend myself. Went to a few too many cookouts and ate a bit too much. Did some stuff out in the yard. Tried to pound some fence stakes into the ground, but got tired/bored after the third one! :-[ Got the air conditioners in place, and up and running.

Didn't get half as much done as I'd like to have, but sometimes it feels good to just slack off and chill.

Andre1969 said:
Didn't get half as much done as I'd like to have, but sometimes it feels good to just slack off and chill.

For me, ER = slacking off :)

We took an extended holiday weekend...four days off was great. We got some long overdue stuff done and even managed to do some yard work in between rain and snow storms.

Between our house projects, cabin projects, travel to see family, travel for fun, volunteer work, sleeping, reading, goofing off and generally de-toxing from 30+ years of management in Mega corp. we will have no shortage of things to do....and lot of time to do them while still having lots of goofing off time.

Not having to crunch projects into weekend days is going to be soooooooo nice.

Back
Top Bottom