introducing myself

Thank you. Yes. I agree communication in terms of family finance is a big issue with me and my husband. He is not interested in FIRE and he thinks he will work until he dies. ...

That assumes an employer is willing to keep him around that long. A lot of people, including some on this forum, have retired involuntarily due to layoff and the job market's preference for youth. Even the greeters I see at Walmart are no longer old-timers.

Keep building that nest egg!

That assumes an employer is willing to keep him around that long. A lot of people, including some on this forum, have retired involuntarily due to layoff and the job market's preference for youth. Even the greeters I see at Walmart are no longer old-timers.

Keep building that nest egg!

You are absolutely right. Believe me both of us have been through layoffs. We totally understand ageism in our business especially. This is why my target full FIRE date is 2032 when he can withdraw from the retirement accounts. If he needs pay for his hobby, he can do seasonal/part-time/contract jobs. Also, he will withdraw from SS starting at 62. This is due to his family history of men not living pass 75 and himself having many similar issues. I've already communicated this plan with him. His mind right now is set to work current line of job until 60.

Back
Top Bottom