Is this ironic, or just plain pathetic?

Bram

Recycles dryer sheets
I am a quilter, went recently to a "workship" by a nationally known quilter who also had their newly published book on sale. Hot off the press, reduced price for us!

A little background about quilting: it is a truly American inspired art/craft rooted in the pioneer days. Quilters... the true blue "purist" types... avoid buying "foreign made" fabric, if at all possible (but that is, of course, becoming more difficult).

So back to the new book. The name is Freedom Quilts and all the quilts in it are inspired from the 1940's with connections to WW II. Along with the usual instructions & pictures of quilts, there are interesting vignettes about the era scattered throughout the book .... FDR, victory gardens, women working in men's jobs, rationing, etc. etc. It is really an nice book & I have always loved the woman who authored it, Eleanor Burns.

What's wrong?

The book was printed in CHINA!!

::just shaking my head::

Well, see, it worked. We worked hard to export capitalism to the world post-WWII and now we have a global marketplace.

I am a quilter, went recently to a "workship" by a nationally known quilter who also had their newly published book on sale. Hot off the press, reduced price for us!

A little background about quilting: it is a truly American inspired art/craft rooted in the pioneer days. Quilters... the true blue "purist" types... avoid buying "foreign made" fabric, if at all possible (but that is, of course, becoming more difficult).

So back to the new book. The name is Freedom Quilts and all the quilts in it are inspired from the 1940's with connections to WW II. Along with the usual instructions & pictures of quilts, there are interesting vignettes about the era scattered throughout the book .... FDR, victory gardens, women working in men's jobs, rationing, etc. etc. It is really an nice book & I have always loved the woman who authored it, Eleanor Burns.

What's wrong?

The book was printed in CHINA!!

::just shaking my head::

Get over it.

If they can do it cheaper and better why would you want to pay more?:confused:

LOL, I don't see why you're shaking your head at a book being printed in China. I bet parts of your chair,parts of your computers, and a bunch of shirts you wear are made in China, too. If you really want to boycott China you should check out this book: A Year Without "Made in China".

Back
Top Bottom