John Deere RIO switch 300 X series tractors

Tetto

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi All- anyone here know a good troubleshooting technique for a X370 tractor that won’t turn over, starts fine if jumped at solenoid. PTO will not engage once running. The tractor thinks its RIO switch is engaged. Tried jumping the harness and isolating the switch, still no bueno. 🤷🏼*♂️
Any help appreciated!

To rule out the solenoid completely, run a jumper from the positive battery cable and touch it to the small positive terminal on the solenoid. If it cranks, the solenoid is fine. It is more likely an issue with some of the safety circuits on the tractor.

Is PTO lever in neutral and the clutch depressed?

Last edited:
The PTO is electric- measured resistance of the coil at 2 ohms and it’s a push/pull button on console to activate. There is not clutch- hydrostatic drive. Pedal forward and one for reverse. I’ll try the jumper too

The RIO switch disables the PTO when in reverse and the RIO switch is open. When RIO is closed (or jumpered) the PTO runs while in reverse. I don't own a X370... but it sounds like there is a weight-on-seat safety switch preventing the PTO from running?

The RIO switch disables the PTO when in reverse and the RIO switch is open. When RIO is closed (or jumpered) the PTO runs while in reverse. I don't own a X370... but it sounds like there is a weight-on-seat safety switch preventing the PTO from running?

I rang out the Weight on switch and it had proper operation as far as I can tell. Open/close when weight in seat. I’ll jumper it and see what happens to be sure.

Thanks all for the assistance. Removed the fender and deck addy, removed Rio switch and electrically checked switch- NG. I jumped the harness connector and she fired right up! I’ll replace the switch tomorrow from the dealer. Thanks again!

Thanks all for the assistance. Removed the fender and deck addy, removed Rio switch and electrically checked switch- NG. I jumped the harness connector and she fired right up! I’ll replace the switch tomorrow from the dealer. Thanks again!

YAY! Another satisfied FIRE customer.

None of us knows everything but all of us know a LOT.

Back
Top Bottom