KFF Survey of Employer Health Benefits

Animorph

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Here's a link to a summary page that has a link to the full report:
https://www.kff.org/health-costs/report/2019-employer-health-benefits-survey/

"Annual premiums for employer sponsored family health coverage reached $20,576 this year, up 5% from last year, with workers on average paying $6,015 toward the cost of their coverage. The average deductible among covered workers in a plan with a general annual deductible is $1,655 for single coverage."

I'm paying $19k for the two of us on an HSA-eligible ACA plan. Not too far off considering cost, age, family size, and deductible. Can't really ask for more unless someone is going to subsidize your costs.

I'm paying 1200/mo for our (husband & wife) HSA HMO plan. Roughly twice what my single plan was. But medicare advantage enhanced will be only $89/mo for me next year.

Looking forward to medicare and officially a geezer!

I'm paying 1200/mo for our (husband & wife) HSA HMO plan. Roughly twice what my single plan was. But medicare advantage enhanced will be only $89/mo for me next year.

Looking forward to medicare and officially a geezer!

+1

I can't believe I'm looking forward to next August and Medicare. Insurance has been painful these last few years. Very curious what going to happen for the seven months of 2020 with increases. I guess I'll just bite the bullet and keep the current plan know it won't be that long.

Talked about this yesterday with DD#2. Her large national employer is steadily shifting the cost of healthcare coverage to the employees. The additional amount she has to cover, between premiums and cost sharing, is greater than the total YTY increase in cost of coverage for the employer.

In other words, the total value of salary plus benefits is falling in real and nominal terms. There’s no reason to believe this will change anytime soon.

Here's a link to a summary page that has a link to the full report:
https://www.kff.org/health-costs/report/2019-employer-health-benefits-survey/

"Annual premiums for employer sponsored family health coverage reached $20,576 this year, up 5% from last year, with workers on average paying $6,015 toward the cost of their coverage. The average deductible among covered workers in a plan with a general annual deductible is $1,655 for single coverage."

I'm paying $19k for the two of us on an HSA-eligible ACA plan. Not too far off considering cost, age, family size, and deductible. Can't really ask for more unless someone is going to subsidize your costs.

I actually got a letter saying I'm getting around a 4.5% refund from my insurance company for 10 months of 2018. They have to spend 80% of premiums on actual health care. They overcharged. so of your 19K ..3800 went to admin and profits. Now figure out how much of your medical, hospital bill goes to admin, profits and "Houston we have a problem"...seems like we are hitting critical mass here..Of course I've thought that for the last 5 years:facepalm:

Talked about this yesterday with DD#2. Her large national employer is steadily shifting the cost of healthcare coverage to the employees. The additional amount she has to cover, between premiums and cost sharing, is greater than the total YTY increase in cost of coverage for the employer.

In other words, the total value of salary plus benefits is falling in real and nominal terms. There’s no reason to believe this will change anytime soon.

MY SonIL's company actually makes the high earners pay a bigger % of the HI premium. Supposedly this helps cushion the blow for the entry level, admin people.

Back
Top Bottom