Kitchen Aid Mixer -- for shredding chicken

Squirrel

Recycles dryer sheets
After reading the food saver comment by 24601NoMore in the "$2.27M to feel wealthy" thread, thought you'd be interested in our morning's cooking adventures:

The idea to use a stand mixer for shredding chicken came from this blog entry. The crockpot beef crumbles started with this frugal village post.

Angus beef is on sale. 5 lbs in the crockpot; will be drained, seasoned for tacos, and some put into food saver bags and frozen for meals on our RV trip. Got another 5 lbs to cook tomorrow, which will be turned into sloppy Joes, most frozen in food saver bags.

Used the kitchen aid mixer to make egg salad.
Used the kitchen aid mixer to make ham salad (chunks of ham should be warmed up in the microwave before shredding in the mixer.)

Had 3 chicken breasts left from smoking chicken during the week. Kitchen aid for shredding. Now in the small crockpot with Tikka Masala sauce.

Also made rice in the steamer, 'boiled' eggs in the steamer, and sautéed up onions and mushrooms to add to meals during the week.

The fridge is full. The dishwasher is also full :)

Last edited:
Interesting. I think I prefer my meat chunkier. I just chop it with an for for chicken salad.

Back
Top Bottom