Long-term care insurance paper

Thank you, I would definitely follow you and I hope you continue to write on retirement topics like this one. My employer used to provide a LTC policy as a benefit & when I decided to retire, I found it was portable & converted the policy into my name and have been paying the same premium for the last 7 years. I just this month received a premium increase notice, the company received approval from my state Dept. of Insurance to increase the premium by 82%. Needless to say, I am now conflicted whether I should continue with the policy and I just wanted to point out that rate increases of this magnitude are possible for those considering LTC policies.
Ditto on the article, Rick. Reading it has been on my to-do list for a while and unfortunately it moved up on the list because my state's Department of Insurance was nice enough to approve a 40.4% increase in our policy. We punted on a decision to cancel after last year's 15% increase; now it looks like we'll be making these decisions annually. Ugh.

OP-

Just read your paper. Well done!

You mention CCRCs only briefly. I view CCRCs as an alternative method for managing LTC risks. You will see informative links on CCRCs in the FAQ. I’d like to read your thoughts on CCRCs in a post or subsequent paper if you’re so inclined.

OP-

Just read your paper. Well done!

You mention CCRCs only briefly. I view CCRCs as an alternative method for managing LTC risks. You will see informative links on CCRCs in the FAQ. I’d like to read your thoughts on CCRCs in a post or subsequent paper if you’re so inclined.

Me too!

Back
Top Bottom