Mint.com shutting down end of 2023

monte1022

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone else use mint.com? Now I have to find another way to track spending. Favorites? I especially like the automatic gathering and categorizing of transactions from all checking and cc accounts. What others do this with ease?

I am with Fidelity, but have not spent much time on Fullview. Anybody use Fullview to track transactions?

Intuit does say that Credit Karma is a viable alternative. Guess I'll give it a look.

Last edited:
Anyone else use mint.com? Now I have to find another way to track spending. Favorites? I especially like the automatic gathering and categorizing of transactions from all checking and cc accounts. What others do this with ease?

I am with Fidelity, but have not spent much time on Fullview. Anybody use Fullview to track transactions?

Intuit does say that Credit Karma is a viable alternative. Guess I'll give it a look.

I've been trying to convert to Credit Karma but there's a problem with the text to confirm part of the sign up... I'll give it a try if they let me. I also have the Fidelity set up mostly. Haven't dug deep into it as I really only use either one for the budget and categories of spending for tracking.

I got an email from Mint yesterday that said they are working on an easy transition from Mint to Credit Karma.

The email indicated that it will be like a 1 touch solution to transfer all the data.

I will just wait and let them work on it for a bit.

Hope that helps.

All of my friends that use Mint chose to go with Copilot, but I believe it may be Mac/iOS only, I don't think it has a Windows or Android solution.

No Budgeting in Credit Karma?

From the stories I've read, there is no way to setup budget categories in Credit Karma. That's a non-starter for me. I haven't read the bogleheads link yet, so that's my first step. I'm dreading this a little right now to be honest.

I've officially kicked Credit Karma to the curb.

Signed up with Quicken Simplifi and so far it's probably going to work. No problem with connections to CC & brokerage (Fidelity, Vanguard and Etrade)

Probably some tweaking, but for $30 first year, I'll try it. I was a 10yr Mint'r, so it's a process to adjust to the new one.

Pros so far, app works really well and no ads. I'll try to get DW more involved as the app makes it easier for her to visualize. I'm also taking the time back & track things quarterly vs monthly. We really have a handle on data since tracking everything for the past 10 years.

Last edited:
I've officially kicked Credit Karma to the curb.

Signed up with Quicken Simplifi and so far it's probably going to work. No problem with connections to CC & brokerage (Fidelity, Vanguard and Etrade)

Probably some tweaking, but for $30 first year, I'll try it. I was a 10yr Mint'r, so it's a process to adjust to the new one.

Pros so far, app works really well and no ads. I'll try to get DW more involved as the app makes it easier for her to visualize. I'm also taking the time back & track things quarterly vs monthly. We really have a handle on data since tracking everything for the past 10 years.

I also have Simplifi up and running. So far it seems to be all that I need it to be. My only problem so far are some hanging pending transactions that also show up as cleared. I had to manually delete 7 of them, but subsequent transactions seem to be moving from pending to cleared without problem.

From the stories I've read, there is no way to setup budget categories in Credit Karma. That's a non-starter for me. I haven't read the bogleheads link yet, so that's my first step. I'm dreading this a little right now to be honest.

Simpli was easy to setup. It actually brought in transactions as far back as Nov 2021 for checking and cc. However, further inspection revealed the register to be incomplete and void of many categories. I am not going to spend time fixing that issue. Instead, I will export Mint data to my pc for future reference and start anew with Simplifi 1/1/24.

... Signed up with Quicken Simplifi ...

I also have Simplifi up and running. ...
This is simply Intuit's strategy playing out. They bought Mint fully intending to shut it down after a delay to let things settle down. From Mint's closing, they expected to harvest enough new Quicken users to justify the purchase price. The next phase is anyone's guess, but increasing Quicken fees and Simplifi feature reductions (forcing user upgrades) are probably in the cards.

I have been using Bank of America's "My Accounts" for over a decade. Other than occasional redesigns and/or account refresh issues, it has been working great. I mainly care about aggregation, categorization and CSV download. I do data mining in excel (aka poor people's data base) using pivot tables (aka poor people's database queries).

This is simply Intuit's strategy playing out. They bought Mint fully intending to shut it down after a delay to let things settle down. From Mint's closing, they expected to harvest enough new Quicken users to justify the purchase price. The next phase is anyone's guess, but increasing Quicken fees and Simplifi feature reductions (forcing user upgrades) are probably in the cards.

I recall reading that Simplfi is not owned by Intuit anymore...

I recall reading that Simplfi is not owned by Intuit anymore...
I think you're right. IIRC that Intuit spun off Quicken and kept Quickbooks. So Quicken et al is its own company now. Also IIRC the executive management of Quicken went with the spinoff. But the situation is the same, sans Intuit.

Back
Top Bottom