Multiple Streams of Income

Check the Journal today. Big story on Adsense and people who say they are making money using it.

All he had to do was play the rhythms, and listen respectfully when the participants talked.

That'd be the hard part. I'd have to do a Belushi in animal house ("I gave my love a cherry that had no stone...") on somebody in short order.

I own a condominium dock for my boat. If I rented it out, I think I could get about $1000 more than my taxes and condo fees, which are the only costs associated with owning the dock. There may be an assessment for major dock repairs someday too. It should be pretty easy to rent, just once a year, no upkeep, not much to break on a dock, the renter gets his own electric service in his name. So what would that make this dock worth as an investment?

If I figure it would take about $25,000 in bonds/equities to take out a 4% SWR of $1,000, then my boat dock is worth about $25,000 (?).

The good part is that it would be pretty easy to forget to declare it as taxable income. I am thinking of using the income to pay the property taxes on my house, kind of as an insurance policy for my wife if something happened to me. Maybe half a dozen docks would be a good part of a multiple streams of income strategy.

I'm thinking about buying a few more of these. There is a limited amount of dock space where I live. There seems to be more and more boaters every year.

not much to break on a dock

Oboy. You must have missed the once a year drunken ramming of the docks I've been around. One guy clipped almost every boat in the line, hit the dock, and ended up almost completely ashore.

What happens if someone throws massive parties on the boat while its at the dock? I only ask because I cant remember when I had a boat and didnt throw massive parties every time I was there...

Back
Top Bottom