My last night shift EVER!

Congratulations on work well done. Now, you can actually sleep "through the night." Nothing worse than trying to sleep in the daytime with phones ringing and other "day noises" and distractions.

Congratulations on your retirement Fiddler!! No more night shifts and good night sleeps from now on.
I worked rotating shifts for 36 years, been retired now for almost 2 years, the biggest thing I noticed is sleeping well all night and feeling rested all day.

I wish you the best and make the best of each day.

Congratulations, Fiddler.

It reminds me of my last day 6 years ago.

Like you, I declined the exit interview. Would have liked to say a few things maybe many things, but I kept it in. Like you, I let it go.

Got my final paperwork, said my goodbyes, walked to the door. Took one last look back. Across the hall, 2 engineers worrying about a new state law limiting mercury in equipment, and wondering how they could avoid having to dispose of inventory at fire-sale prices and a huge loss. On my left, a group in deep discussion about next quarters marketing plans and budget. Secretaries busy at their workstations, entering orders, processing shipping manifests, and huge piles of paper in their in-boxes.

I felt happy. I would never be in that environment again. Opened the door and walked to my car.

Heard someone call my name. It was my colleague who managed Europe ( I had managed Asia Pacific ). Wished me well, said he was envious as he could not afford to retire, and walked with me to my car. Shook his hand, wished him the same.

I drove away, never to return. A very happy memorable day.

I'm sure you will fondly reflect on your last day, as I did and still do, mine. Great to leave with no animosity, leave it all behind, and look forward to a new dawning.

A great post, a graceful exit and a classy way to end your working career. Congratulations in your retirement and your new adventure!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom