My Transplanted Pancreas has Stopped Working

Mike, I have met insulin-dependent diabetics who had implanted insulin pumps for tight blood sugar control. One person said the machine automatically checks her blood sugar every 30 seconds and administers insulin accordingly without need for fingersticks. Is this an option for you? If not, why?

Mike,
I'm so sorry to hear about all your health problems. You've certainly been through more than most people and your attitude is still so positive. I hope your transplant comes through sooner than expected.

Mike, Sending you supportive thoughts to add to all the others that posted. Since you have been down this path before you know what to expect but am hoping things "move along" quickly for you. My brother donated his kidney to a friend. Living donors are heroes. Scratch that. "ALL" donors are heroes. Hoping for and wishing you the best!

I'm so sorry, Mike. Thanks for sharing your story. I have kidney disease and I'm afraid one day they may fail.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Mike, thank you for sharing your story. You have reinforced my strong desire to donate anything anyone can use from my body once I no longer need them. Best of luck to you, you are in my thoughts.

-helen

Back
Top Bottom