New Fidelity Index Fund Symbols

rpguy4

Recycles dryer sheets
Appears that Fidelity transferred several of my index fund holdings to new index fund names/symbols with lower expense ratios yesterday 11/2/18.

FBIDX -> FXNAX
FSEMX -> FSMAX
FUSVX -> FXAIX
FSIVX -> FSPSX

How does Fidelity, Vanguard, etc typically announce these types of changes ?

Appears that Fidelity transferred several of my index fund holdings to new index fund names/symbols with lower expense ratios yesterday 11/2/18.

FBIDX -> FXNAX
FSEMX -> FSMAX
FUSVX -> FXAIX
FSIVX -> FSPSX

Same here with Fidelity.
I received an email from Fidelity that my "trade confirmation" was available.
What trade:confused:? So I checked it out and noticed the above for FUSVX and FSIVX.

I got an email a week or so ago announcing this to me. They are consolidating funds which followed the same indexes but were charging different expense ratios. For me, they consolidated some total market index funds into FSKAX

Last edited:
I got an email a week or so ago announcing this to me. They are consolidating funds which followed the same indexes but we charging different expense ratios. For me, they consolidated some total market index funds into FSKAX
+1

FBIDX -> FXNAX
FSEMX -> FSMAX
FUSVX -> FXAIX
FSIVX -> FSPSX

I got a notice via email a month or two ago that merging the four fund classes was happening in Nov, and that the institutional premium index fund tickers would be used, and that it was a non taxable event.

Thanks for the replies. I don't recall seeing anything on the Viewpoints newsletter, and or anything on my statements. I've sent an email to Fidelity's customer service asking how I can get notified in the future. I do have most of their notifications turned off in my profile though, maybe it's my own fault.

Thanks for the replies. I don't recall seeing anything on the Viewpoints newsletter, and or anything on my statements. I've sent an email to Fidelity's customer service asking how I can get notified in the future. I do have most of their notifications turned off in my profile though, maybe it's my own fault.
Same here. Got two emails. The first was a couple of months ago when they lowered the e/r on most of their index funds. Then a few weeks ago they emailed that they were consilidating fund classes into a single ticker.

They're not done yet by the way. There's another round on Nov. 9th with more funds.

When I launched Moneydance today I was excited to see my portfolio balance had increased by several million dollars overnight. :dance: MD had not yet updated the prices for the new funds so it used $100/share as the starting price. After the prices updated I was back to my expected balance. :cool:

These aren’t new funds. They are existing funds. The ticker is from the old Institutional Premium Index fund which I suppose has dropped part of the old name.

These aren’t new funds. They are existing funds. The ticker is from the old Institutional Premium Index fund which I suppose has dropped part of the old name.

Thanks audreyh1 for pointing that out. Most of the funds that I was transitioned too, were started in 2011,
according to Yahoo's fund profile information.

Last edited:
I notice that not all Fidelity index funds merged today. Only 3 of my 5 merged to the new ticker.

Figured. They like to do things on Fridays.
Gives them three days to straighten things out. Sometimes despite how simple a change is, Murphy shows up.

Great planning for their customers.

+2

Would've been nice to have those shares transferred to the 0% ER fund, but I think that was not feasible.
Nope. The others were just different classes of the same fund. The zero funds are entirely different and track a different, but very similar, index.

Back
Top Bottom