No Signature and Can't Edit

latexman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I made two posts this morning after midnight on my iPhone using the Mobile version of the website. The threads were Wordle and Connections. This morning on my laptop using the full website, I noticed my signature was missing and there was no edit capability. I really had no need to edit; I just noticed edit was missing.

Also, on my laptop this morning, I did a test post. The signature was there, and I was able to edit (delete).

I recall others recently having no signature, but I don't recall any moderator weighing in. I do not recall any issues with edit.

Is this an intermittant problem, a Mobile version problem, or is there a reason?

Thank you, and

Edit is time limited. Maybe you ran out of time?

I think it's only allowed for 5 or 6 hours after the initial post. I'm sure a mod will chime in soon.

Okay, thanks. My recollection was it was longer, but I've never really timed it. I may be confused by the other five forums I'm active on.

Signatures have occasionally been a little wonky lately on the forum, but the technical powers are working on it.

Editing your posts is possible for a short time (a few hours) after posting. If you need to edit an older post (extremely rare), you can PM any moderator.

That explains it. My timing was around 7ish hours, definitely > 6 hours. Thanks, folks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom