Ohio marketplace CareSource Gold anyone?

Floridatennisplayer

Recycles dryer sheets
Planning on pulling the plug in March. Checking out ACA plans. I can keep our income down to $45-50K. Looks like my cost would be around $789 month for a $3,000 deductible/$10,000 max.

Anyone have any experience with it?

We have had Caresource Silver and Caresource Bronze plans. In our local area (Summit County, OH) there are plenty of in network providers but I always call a new provider and double check because the online provider website is not always up to date.

As for processing claims, they have been very good. I find the negotiated rates (also called allowed amount) to be very good. Claims are processed promptly. If there is a problem with a claim the Explanation Of Benefits will tell you that you don't have to do anything further, they will handle it.

Here's an example of their very reasonable negotiated rates. I had an MRI. The billed amount was $5,966. The negotiated rate is $248. They didn’t pay anything, the bill gets an adjustment/discount. I have not met the deductible so I pay $248.

If you want to keep your providers check with them and see if they take Caresource. Be specific that it's a Caresource MARKETPLACE plan (used to be called Just4Me) because there are also Caresource Medicare and Caresource Medicaid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom