Old TV (or Radio) Commercial Jingles

Five Dollar Foot Long (Subway)

Roto-Rooter, that's the name, and away go troubles down the drain

Last edited:
Maybe start a poll to see if slogans should be included..

In many cases, slogans were part of a jingle -- e.g.:

Maxwell House, Maxwell House, Maxwell House coffee,
good to the very last drop!

Last edited:
Frosted Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious!

King Vitaman, have breakfast with the king!

I'm Euell Gibbons... Ever eat a pine tree? ... I call Grape Nuts my "Back to nature" cereal.

I'm Euell Gibbons... Ever eat a pine tree? ... I call Grape Nuts my "Back to nature" cereal.

I love this one. I recently started eating Grape Nuts & my first impression was it's like chewing gravel, lotsa chewing required. But now I kinda like it!

"Hey Culligan man!"

Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is!
Calgon Take me away!
Viceroy tastes good like a cigerette should---this would not fly in todays world

Viceroy tastes good like a cigerette should---this would not fly in todays world

Nope: Winston tastes good like a cigarette should. (definitely a jingle)

Viceroy's got the taste that's right.

Call for Philip Morris.

Us Tareyton smokers would rather fight than switch.

LSMFT (Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco)

It's toasted! (also Lucky Strike -- this was another great scene in "Mad Men," as in: What does that even mean?)

You've come a long way, baby. (Virginia Slims)

(Ugh to all!)

Nope: Winston tastes good like a cigarette should. (definitely a jingle)

Viceroy's got the taste that's right.

Call for Philip Morris.

Us Tareyton smokers would rather fight than switch.

LSMFT (Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco)

It's toasted! (also Lucky Strike -- this was another great scene in "Mad Men," as in: What does that even mean?)

You've come a long way, baby. (Virginia Slims)

(Ugh to all!)

Back in the day, I smoked Kool's most of the time, but I liked Winston's and Marlboro's too. Jingles or slogans never sold me on any cigarettes. It was all about flavor.

Have breakfast with a King (King Vitamin cereal)

Let it be Lowenbrau (beer)

Who put the men in menthol smoking, Alpine thats who!
My Dad smoked Alpines as long as I could remember. I tried one --- Ugggg I was a Marlboro smoker & my DW smoked Tarytons until we both quit in 2007 at the same time. Now I wish we had never started in the 1st place. This COPD is not fun at all.

While this old commercial is burned in my memory, I wasn't sure if "take it off.... , take it all off", with that great big band jazz song, David Rose's "The Stripper", qualifies as a 'jingle', but it does end with one - "The closer you shave, the more you need Noxema, Noxema medicated comfort shave"

Swedish model Gunilla Knutson asked men to "take it off, take it all off."

From wiki:

Gunilla Knutsson (born 1946; sometimes as Gunilla Knutson, Gunilla Knudson or Gunilla Knudsen)[1] is a Swedish actress, model, author and beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss Sweden 1961[2] and was a semi-finalist in the Miss Universe 1961 pageant.

She is most famous for a series of Noxzema medicated shaving cream commercials from 1967 to 1973, ... A photograph of Knutsson appeared on the cover of the 11 December 1970 issue of Life magazine. This issue of Life, with the caption "Model Gunilla Knutson owns a health food store", ...

-ERD50

"These cards are marked!" - "They're a mess!" - "A chocolate mess!"

I was only allowed to watch one hour of TV on a school night, so I don't know how I absorbed these:
"Riunite on ice, Riunite's so nice, Riunite, Riunite!"
"Head for the mountains" (Busch beer)
"Bain de Soleil for the St.Tropez tan"
"Make it Progresso - or make it yourself"

Little girls

Little girls have pretty curls but I like Oreo’s
Oreo’s the very best cookie there ever was

Oh baby, baby, there'll be no more tears
With Johnson's Baby Shampoo!

Back
Top Bottom