OMG! Airline telephone service from bad to worst

Airline service for us has actually improved a bit in the last 2 years. It is still far below the level of the 60s and 70s. The Atlanta airport and especially anything related to Delta there is still the pits though.

I like getting customer phone service from employees in India. They are usually very polite and efficient. Many friends (mostly old farts like me) complain about not being able to understand their accents but I have found that if you put some effort into it and actually try to understand what they are saying rather than being PO'd you can usually understand them.

I agree 100%.
....except they also have a stated policy to refund these fees under certain circumstances, such as medical. In my case, they made it nearly impossible to follow their own procedures. I did exactly what they prescribed, but once that error message popped up (which specifically directed me to call customer service), that was when this aggravation began.
As part of this now-cancelled trip, I bought 2 tickets to a Vegas show. Their conditions were explicit that there are no refunds under any circumstances, and I didn't request one.

Airline service for us has actually improved a bit in the last 2 years. It is still far below the level of the 60s and 70s.
When fares were regulated and the average family never stepped onto an aircraft.

I like getting customer phone service from employees in India. They are usually very polite and efficient. Many friends (mostly old farts like me) complain about not being able to understand their accents but I have found that if you put some effort into it and actually try to understand what they are saying rather than being PO'd you can usually understand them.
I think there are two types of companies that outsource customer service to India: One is just looking to provide excellent service more cost-efficiently. The other is trying to cost-reduce to whatever extent possible.

mystang52 said:
....except they also have a stated policy to refund these fees under certain circumstances, such as medical. In my case, they made it nearly impossible to follow their own procedures. I did exactly what they prescribed, but once that error message popped up (which specifically directed me to call customer service), that was when this aggravation began.
As part of this now-cancelled trip, I bought 2 tickets to a Vegas show. Their conditions were explicit that there are no refunds under any circumstances, and I didn't request one.

Sorry for your trouble. I didn't mean to imply that you weren't due a refund. I have no idea of what their policies are. I would think that a refund would be indicated if only out of your control. As in an emergency. Good luck to you in getting it and I hope you're feeling better.

Warning, thread creep.

For all the complaints, here is something the airlines do well....

(This was not an ad, but an internal video)

Thank you for linking that. Best kind of thread creep.

Back
Top Bottom