Oregon fun

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
In Salem today and we stopped for blended mochas - got to the window, made our order, and the counter person said the car ahead of us had paid for our drinks. I've heard of this before - the norm is that as each person gets free drinks they just pay it forward - or back in this case. Counter person said it is common for people to keep buying drinks for the people behind them in an unbroken chain for 5-6 hours. The coffee shop picks a modest amount as the anticipated charge - the 2 drinks we paid for for the car following were less than the 2 we ordered.
A first time for us.

Then there is Benny:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-bills-so-far-hes-given-away-more-than-55000/

This kinda stuff happen in your area?

In Salem today and we stopped for blended mochas - got to the window, made our order, and the counter person said the car ahead of us had paid for our drinks. I've heard of this before - the norm is that as each person gets free drinks they just pay it forward - or back in this case. Counter person said it is common for people to keep buying drinks for the people behind them in an unbroken chain for 5-6 hours. The coffee shop picks a modest amount as the anticipated charge - the 2 drinks we paid for for the car following were less than the 2 we ordered.
A first time for us.

Then there is Benny:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-bills-so-far-hes-given-away-more-than-55000/

This kinda stuff happen in your area?

I've had a few occasions at the McDonald's drive-up where the people in front of me paid for my order. So I paid for the people behind me.

In Portland there is a place called Voodoo Donuts. They are open 24/7, and the line is around the block. My favorite is maple bars with bacon

img_1762190_0_e9c4862b9e11fdd1f992a1275f2197a8.jpg

Our part-time nanny has a personal connection to "Benny", as her family was the recipient of $100 found in a Walmart. Couldn't happen to a better family.

I'm very impressed with what this particular benefactor has accomplished with their gifts. I hope to be in a position to have a similar impact to the community sometime in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom