PC guru needed

jambo101

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just got an up dated monitor from a friend,its one of the newer thin ones.
Problem is all displayed text looks weak or like a printer thats starting to run out of ink, reading a page of text has some letters bold and black other letters are barely visible.
I've tried several locations in "my computer settings" for font enhancement but nothing seems to work..
Any ideas would be appreciated....

The first thing you need to do is determine the 'native' pixel display of the monitor; it is something like "1280x1024" or "1600x1280" - then go to start, then 'control panel' then 'display' then 'settings' and change the screen resolution to match the native pixel count of the new monitor.

After you do this you should have a much improved viewability. If you still want better font viewability, google microsoft clear type and customize it to your personal viewing pleasure.

JohnP

Thanks That cleared it up ,i went from 800x600 to 1280x1024, however i now have another problem all the icons and text have become very small.

Can't do much about the icon size but can work the text. While in Internet explorer, go to 'View' and pull down to 'Text Size' and choose a larger size - check them all out and decide what you like best! Firefox has a similar capability.

Did you try 'ClearType' also?

Best regards

JohnP

If the operating system is Vista, just put the cursor in any clear area of the desktop, click right mouse. Under "View' there will be icon size choices.

Choose Large.

I;m running windows 98 and cant find anything in IE that says View or clear type.
I suppose i can get used to this small type if my ancient operating system cant support the new screen size.. Thanks

If the OS is XP:

Desktop - right-click - Properties - Appearance - Font Size = Large Fonts: Apply

Cheers - Mick

Edit - Ah Win 98.....from (very poor) memory, the above instructions will work the same.

If the OS is XP:

Desktop - right-click - Properties - Appearance - Font Size = Large Fonts: Apply

Cheers - Mick

Edit - Ah Win 98.....from (very poor) memory, the above instructions will work the same.

That did it, Thanks again

Another head scratcher has arisen,after going from 800x600 to 12 80 x 1024 one of my kids tried to put the screen resolution back to 800x600 because she said the text was too small with the larger size.
now that we are back to 800x600 the pages are so large that when go to the settings page i can no longer change the settings because the "apply" icon is off the bottom of the screen..Is there some other way to make the page smaller so i can reset the resolution..

Back
Top Bottom