Post your comfortable shoe recommendations here

I'm done with laces. I want shoes I can slip on and off in a second. I get lightweight loafers (Venetians, some manufacturers call them), toss out the original insoles and replace them with these insoles from New Balance.

Love my Teva sandals. Walked for miles in Greece in them. Very comfortable. Ecco sandals are also very comfortable and look nicer than the Tevas.

Love my Teva sandals. Walked for miles in Greece in them. Very comfortable. Ecco sandals are also very comfortable and look nicer than the Tevas.

I love my Tevas, too. My Teva Tirras are perfect for New Orleans. To me they look better than the classic Tevas. But here are some even better reasons to consider Teva:

1) They are waterproof, and it rains a lot here!
2) They are very comfortable, and this model is almost infinitely adjustable with numerous Velcro sandal straps.
3) Best of all, I feel as surefooted as a mountain goat when I wear them. I never slip or fall wearing them. That's a big advantage to most of us after a certain age, especially when traversing wet, uneven pavement or terrain.

I pretty much live in my Keen Newport H2 sandals. My dogs gotta breath. Once or twice a month I may wear a pair of shoes if I have to.

Cheers!

Been wearing these for the last decade. Each pair lasts about 3 years. Thats with wearing them for about 9 months of the year.

I usually go to the Merrill outlet and find something that's comfy / sturdy. Need a new pair of their warm waterproof loafers as I wear them almost daily.
That and a 600 series New Balance sneaker. The sneaker of Dads everywhere.

Brooks Adrenaline GTS running shoes. GTS = Go To Shoe.

They have a bunch of colors from all black to lighter colors. If you can run in them, walking in them will work too.

Which Olukai's have you tried? I just heard about them recently and looked at their site. I am looking for something to bring/wear in Amsterdam this summer.

I have at least 4 or 5 pairs. I have sandals, 3 pairs of the leather slip ons, a pair of the boots and a pair of the mesh ones. My wife has a couple pairs as well.

Wide feet and Plantar fasciitis have me in Dansko clogs majority of the time.
I use New Balance or ascics Gel for tennis shoes.

New Balance 1540 V2 tennis shoes (Blue and gray, wide). I have wide feet. They are the most comfy tennis shoes I've ever owned. I just bought a backup pair. They look nice too.

I did read some comments on line making fun of old men wearing NB tennis shoes. I don't care. I'm more comfortable not having or wearing whatever is considered cool anyway.

I'm also a big fan of the classic Teva sandals. I'm on about my 6th pair over the last 30 years. They last a long time, and are very comfortable. I keep a nice clean pair and a grubby pair for hanging out in the yard, garage or boat.

JP

Thanks - I just ordered a pair of the Nohea Moku style.

I have a pair of those. Great for summer. I think they are going on maybe year 3? Just toss them in the washing machine to clean them up and you're ready to go.

Teva Tirras were recommended to me on this forum as a cute and very comfortable shoe. I have 2 pairs and they’re great!

Merrell Men's Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoe thanks to the recommendations from this Site!

Ditto.

I love Merrels. I usually live in these during the colder months. Also on vacation, if the travel plans include a lot of walking. Otherwise I usually wear topsiders. Thankfully as of yet I have no orthopedic issues with my feet...

Back
Top Bottom