Prescription Drug Revelation

JOHNNIE36

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I get the Cleveland Clinic Heart Advisor newsletter monthly. I have for about the last two years and there is always something in it that pertains to my personal ailments. Like my coronary bypass in 2003. After that surgery, I guess you automatically go on a bunch of medications meant to keep you alive for quite some time. In 2004, I also started taking Vioxx for arthritis, then switched to Celebrex and then to diclofenac sodium. Some worked better than others and I've stayed on diclofenac for the last three years. Then I read in the Heart Advisor that diclofenac should not be taken by people after bypass surgery. What? I've been waiting for my doctor's appointment which was yesterday. Showed him the article.
He told me no more than three or four diclofenacs per week and I was taking two per day. WTF? He advised me to try to get by with Tylenol
which I am going to try. He said he never prescribed that dosage for me and didn't write any scripts for over a year. Wondered where I was getting the medication. DW also takes diclofenac, never used them so I was using her meds also. He was pissed!

Some things you learn the hard way. I'll never do that again. Now he wants to see me every three months to keep closer tabs on me. Anyone out there have coronary bypass? You ought to get that newsletter. Lot of good info in it.

My gosh, Johnnie, I'm glad you are OK and that you discovered this! We would have missed you if something had happened to you. :(

Back
Top Bottom