Presidential CandiedDates

In A Generic Vote (no names): Are You Willing To Vote (yes or no for each category) For Someone Who

• Black - Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black - No

• Hispanic - Yes

• Hispanic - No

• Woman - Yes

• Woman - No

• Mormon - Yes

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Mormon - No

• Old Fart(72 or Over)- Yes

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Old Fart(72 or Over) - No

Votes: 25 48.1%

• Total voters

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
As of this writing there appears to be some unique opportunities to elect someone who isn't a white non-Mormon male, not that there's anything wrong with those guys, well except for a couple, well maybe quite a few...

You get to vote 5 times - once for each category.

This is inspired by a Gallup poll of late that wondered if a generic candidate being Black, Hispanic, Mormon, Woman or Old (as far as I can tell there isn't anyone that fits all those categories, some yes, but lets not do that poll) would influence your vote discounting any other attributes....

I'll be back later with some interesting facts about how the percentages have changed over the years

Re: Presidential CandieDates

I thought that I voted that I would vote for an Old Fart also, but it is not showing up. You can add yes for the Old Fart for me.

I said "No" for "Old Fart" but only because the best answer wasn't available. It depends on the particular person who's 72 or over. I'm sure we can name old farts in both major parties that are too mentally decrepit to hold office; those are the ones I won't vote for.

But the ones who are still "all there" if you will -- sure.

I thought John Edwards had a good comment when he said "if you're
not gonna vote for Hillary 'cause she's a woman, or you're not gonna
vote for Obama 'cause he's black, then don't vote for me".

I mean what else could he say, but still, how often do you hear a
politician invite people not to vote for him ?

I intend to vote for Edwards, not because he's a white male, but
because I think he's the best man, oh wait, I mean ...

The Feb 9-11 Gallup poll showed the following percentage of Americans who would not vote for a well qualified unnamed candidate from their party who is:

Black 5%
Woman 11%
Hispanic 12%
Mormon 24%
72 Yr old 42%

A poll in 1999 showed a willingness to vote for a woman at 92%, but has slipped to 88% (the Hillary factor?)

It looks like Romney and McCain have an uphill battle ahead...

DanTien said:
The Feb 9-11 Gallup poll showed the following percentage of Americans who would not vote for a well qualified unnamed candidate from their party who is:

Black 5%
Woman 11%
Hispanic 12%
Mormon 24%
72 Yr old 42%

Wonder what's the percent that wouldn't vote for a white candidate? 5%? What about the percent that wouldn't vote for a male? 3%? Black panthers, nation of islam, and feminists untie!

justin said:
Wonder what's the percent that wouldn't vote for a white candidate? 5%? What about the percent that wouldn't vote for a male? 3%? Black panthers, nation of islam, and feminists untie!
You raise an interesting question about not voting for a white and/or male....

Or how about gay or single or divorced (Rudy) or Asian or Native American or Muslim or Mason (they are quasi islamic but never mind I think there's been at least a dozen) or ? - there are it seems endless posibilities...

The categories in the poll were chosen because this election, at least so far, these are the possible firsts (if elected). wait a minute how old was Reagan?

Bob Dole was 73 when he was the Repub candidate in the 1996 election.

Back
Top Bottom