Proper ways to donate anonymously

But for virtually any large charity, and tens of thousands of small and medium charities it isn't a problem.

I've used the anonymous contribution several times, for one-time donations.

The only problem I've seen is a few times when a small charity isn't very well organized. They don't have a process to accept electronic donations, so my Fidelity DAF has to mail them a check. In 4 or 5 instances over the years, they notified me that the charity had not cashed the check in over six months, so the money went back into my DAF.

But yes, for dozens of recipients of my DAF donations the process has been simple and straightforward.

The only problem I've seen is a few times when a small charity isn't very well organized. They don't have a process to accept electronic donations, so my Fidelity DAF has to mail them a check. In 4 or 5 instances over the years, they notified me that the charity had not cashed the check in over six months, so the money went back into my DAF.

But yes, for dozens of recipients of my DAF donations the process has been simple and straightforward.

Had the same thing happen. Occasionally a check isn’t cashed and funds are returned to the DAF.

Back
Top Bottom