RIP Traute Lafrenz

Gumby

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...e-group-the-white-rose-dies-at-103-180981780/

She was the last surviving member of the White Rose group in Nazi Germany, a small group of university students who attempted peaceful resistance against Hitler by distributing pamphlets and were almost all guillotined when they were caught. Would that we could all be as attentive to our conscience and as brave in the fight against evil.

It’s truly amazing how many people risked their lives to save Jewish people. If there’s a heaven they definitely will be there. When I was in Poland we went to Auschwitz and you literally could feel people’s pain and souls. I don’t know how else to describe it.

Very courageous and inspiring person.

So very sad that the fight against evil is still going on.

Thanks for posting.

Excellent article.
A very courageous person, may she rest in peace.

Thank you for posting this. I had not heard of her but the article gives a very good bio.

I was struck by the fact she was brave on multiple fronts - the White Rose, obviously, but also in choosing medicine as a profession at a time when that was very uncommon for women.

I too had not heard of her. Her story is compelling. There are thousands of untold stories of bravery as regular citizens did what they could to blunt the Nazi nightmare. Many paid with their lives for their valiant efforts. It's good to hear of a brave woman who survived to tell her story. RIP

Back
Top Bottom