Russian stock market modeling program from 70s/80s ?

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Back in the early 1980s I worked with an older engineer who was often seen at lunchtime plotting (by hand, of course) a certain stock market analysis/predictor. He'd been tracking/following this for years, so he had quite a large graph. He was quite the believer in this model and every now and then he'd bring it out and hold it up while trying to tell us how it was predicting the activity of the stock market (or somesuch).

I was just thinking about my former coworker and wondering how this model held up in the decades since or if it has faded away into the sands of time.

I know it's a long shot, but as we have such an informed group here, I was wondering if anyone here might be familiar with this model/analysis/calculation? All I can recall it was named after the originator who had a long Russian last name. I may be misremembering this but IIRC it started with a K (or W) and ended with a "...sky" or "...ski". Something along the lines of Kandinsky (the artist) or Kaspersky (the software guy) or perhaps a bit longer.

omni

Back
Top Bottom