S&P’s fastest 50 day gain in 90 years.

V shaped recovery in the S&P. Isn't that what many of the pundits were saying from the outset when this whole thing started?

V shaped recovery in the S&P. Isn't that what many of the pundits were saying from the outset when this whole thing started?

Not here, and not what I read in online articles. Most here (if you can call us pundits) were predicting (Nike) swooshes or W's or L's IIRC. Mostly pessimistic I would say.

I was hoping for a V, but didn't predict it at the time. Maybe the optimists didn't bother posting.

I think a lot of the pessimists are thinking the current market is a head fake, too optimistic, ignoring the probability of a second wave, etc. They seem to be convinced we're in the middle of a W. Or maybe a VL, or a V-swoosh.

Not here, and not what I read in online articles. Most here (if you can call us pundits) were predicting (Nike) swooshes or W's or L's IIRC.

I think most of us understand how it works.
slope of hope.png

In my little town I am watching great restaurants and mom and pop shops that have been around for years announce they are closing for good. They simply cannot weather 4 - 6 months of little to no business - particularly during their busy season.

The Fed injection may have helped the big guys but the little guys are suffering and you can be sure they are not participating in the stock market "windfall". Its a messed up economy when 3T does little for the small businessman while the Private Equity folks will be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom