Seeking Opinions on Battery Powered Lawn Mowers

Consumer Reports online has a new article today. For mowers, gas seems to have a slight edge for cutting performance but electric wins on noise and maintenance. Their top rated model is a Greenworks

I did see the EGo LM2135SP is also on sale at Ace Hardware for $599, same as the sale price at Lowe's, but Lowe's do not have any in stock in my area, whereas Ace does have them. You have to join Ace's rewards club to get the price.
I thought you may be interested in this recent blog post on the EGO Power+ LM2135SP. The title of the article says 'push mower' but he means self-propelled walk-behind. He even calculates the cost of electricity vs gas.

https://acasignups.net/23/05/17/top...g-electric-my-move-battery-powered-push-mower

I thought you may be interested in this recent blog post on the EGO Power+ LM2135SP. The title of the article says 'push mower' but he means self-propelled walk-behind. He even calculates the cost of electricity vs gas.

https://acasignups.net/23/05/17/top...g-electric-my-move-battery-powered-push-mower
Thanks for the link. I did buy the EGo LM2135SP and gave it a test mow on Wednesday. It's fabulous! I could never go back to a gas mower.

I will post a longer review soon.

I had one, but I didn't like it. It was too weak and fragile. I needed a manly gas-powered mower, not a girly-man mower (lol). My advice would be, if you get one, make sure it's a beefy, powerful one, not a wimpy one.

Costco has a Greenworks 80-volt, 21-inch self-propelled mower deal with discharge bag, two batteries and a charger. The bigger battery delivers about 45 minutes of mowing while the smaller battery delivers about half that. I use mine in mulching mode on a very hilly yard and can attest to the power reserve the batteries have. This is my third season with the mower.

The package is listed at $629 at the moment, but Costco has offered it at a discount in the past.

Greenworks' customer service reputation hasn't been great, so I like buying from Costco, where I can take it back for a refund if I'm not happy. Fortunately, the mower and batteries have not disappointed.

Despite the double blade set up I get grass residue with my Ego. Maybe it's better than my single blade. Not perfect but good enough for me.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Despite the double blade set up I get grass residue with my Ego. Maybe it's better than my single blade. Not perfect but good enough for me.

Probably will happen with any mulching mower, especially when the grass is taller.

If you get a new battery powered lawn mower the instructions will likely say not to use a hose to clean out the cutting area. I've seen it recommended that a plastic putty knife be used to scrape off any caked on grass.

Tip: I waxed the cutting area of my new mower before I used it. I used automobile wax and applied a heavy coat to the area underneath the blades and also all around the underside of the deck area. Then buffed off the excess wax.

Back
Top Bottom