Selling old gold crowns?

I’m in the “sell it” camp. May as well be practical. No need to mention it came from someone who’s deceased.

Quite a family controversy erupted over this when FIL passed. MIL wanted to have his extensive gold bridgework extracted - she was old school, being almost contemporary with my mom's generation. DW put her foot down and said NO WAY! By then, MIL was too feeble to "fight" about it and DW handled all the funeral arrangements anyway. So MIL was shut out of the loop and the potential extraction was nixed from the beginning, though MIL was upset by DW's decision. Heh, heh DW was friends with the funeral director who was willing to tell MIL that "such things were no longer done" if it came to that.;)

Quite a family controversy erupted over this when FIL passed. MIL wanted to have his extensive gold bridgework extracted - she was old school, being almost contemporary with my mom's generation. DW put her foot down and said NO WAY! By then, MIL was too feeble to "fight" about it and DW handled all the funeral arrangements anyway. So MIL was shut out of the loop and the potential extraction was nixed from the beginning, though MIL was upset by DW's decision. Heh, heh DW was friends with the funeral director who was willing to tell MIL that "such things were no longer done" if it came to that.;)
So who got his gold dental work? The funeral home? Crematory? :2funny:

Back
Top Bottom