signs of seeing bottom?

jersey gets an unfair bad rap. lots of great places there. my own home town just outside of the city is still a beautiful area. great houses, good amount of affordable apartments, tree lined streets. really a nice place to grow up.

meanwhile, just noticed a small amount of possibly good news for me, a house near mine finally sold in may. it is in an adjacent association. so far the only one in my association to sell in 2008 went for about $9mm (for about 10k sq ft) so not a comp. but this one is very similar to our product. they have more seawall but we are on a better street. both our houses are old teardowns built in the same era. it fetched $1,050,000 or $556/sq ft.

ok, it's only one, but there's only 9 more deepwater houses including mine under $1.5mm in that zip code and no preforeclosures at all. so that one sale represents 10% of that segment. it ain't much, but i'm taking it as a good sign.

still pretty pathetic here but broward & palm beach counties seem to be somewhat "bucking the national trend."

www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/business/epaper/2008/07/24/0724homesales.html

both counties have increased total number of sales for 5 consecutive months now. though all of 639 & 744 houses sold in june in broward & palm beach counties, respectively, is a bit of a joke, those numbers are about twice what sold last january. we could use for that number to double a few more times. prices rose a hair month over month for two consecutive months. still down year over year, of course, and all that could be--as a friend of mine puts it--a dead cat bouncing. only time will tell.

still pretty pathetic here but broward & palm beach counties seem to be somewhat "bucking the national trend."

www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/business/epaper/2008/07/24/0724homesales.html

both counties have increased total number of sales for 5 consecutive months now. though all of 639 & 744 houses sold in june in broward & palm beach counties, respectively, is a bit of a joke, those numbers are about twice what sold last january. we could use for that number to double a few more times. prices rose a hair month over month for two consecutive months. still down year over year, of course, and all that could be--as a friend of mine puts it--a dead cat bouncing. only time will tell.

quite normal for sales to increase this time of year since April through July is the peak selling season

Back
Top Bottom