Sildenafil 50mg for Pulmonary Hypertension

+1. GoodRx (free version) website also shows the drug prices in various pharmacies in your zip code.
CVS typically is most expensive.
My Ezetimibe (Lipid reduction) is significantly cheaper using GoodRx compared to my Part D insurance.

I’m also taking Ezetimibe, I didn’t realize that there’s such a big difference between Part D and GoodRx. I’m going to start looking into my other medications, some are expensive. Thanks for the tips!

I’m also taking Ezetimibe, I didn’t realize that there’s such a big difference between Part D and GoodRx. I’m going to start looking into my other medications, some are expensive. Thanks for the tips!

It's best to assume that drug prices are all part of a scam. When I had employer sponsored insurance I found that the pharmacy's cash price of one prescription was less than the cost with insurance. :mad:

but based on the $12.20 that Foxcreek9 got from Cost Plus the manufacturer is only getting $7.20. I think it is the pharmacy benefit managers are the ones making the big bucks but the pharmacies do ok as well.

I would say buy ALL the stocks! SOMEBODY is getting rich - and it might as well be the investors.:facepalm:

I would say buy ALL the stocks! SOMEBODY is getting rich - and it might as well be the investors.:facepalm:

Sounds good but I'd worry the the "getting rich" on the part of the companies is already baked into the price of their stock. If for some reason (political or otherwise) they start getting less "rich" those who bought the stock will take a hit.

Out of curiosity, I checked my prescription, Synthroid 100mcg, 90 tablets on GoodRX, the lowest price was Target/CVS with a "savings of 27%", for $140.60. That is 8 and 1/2 times more than Kaiser's retail price of $16.63. I was only paying $2.17 for 90 days, but I switched to a high deductible plan this year and have to pay the full retail price till I hit my deductible. Something is wrong, why the huge price difference for the same drug?

Out of curiosity, I checked my prescription, Synthroid 100mcg, 90 tablets on GoodRX, the lowest price was Target/CVS with a "savings of 27%", for $140.60. That is 8 and 1/2 times more than Kaiser's retail price of $16.63. I was only paying $2.17 for 90 days, but I switched to a high deductible plan this year and have to pay the full retail price till I hit my deductible. Something is wrong, why the huge price difference for the same drug?
Choose “generic” on GoodRx and you get the lower price

Search for levythyroxine - I highly doubt you're taking actual Synthroid.

Sounds good but I'd worry the the "getting rich" on the part of the companies is already baked into the price of their stock. If for some reason (political or otherwise) they start getting less "rich" those who bought the stock will take a hit.

I guess that's why it's "good" when they can get away with raising their prices. Stock holders get a boost - even while users take a hit. So, buy stocks of companies with pricing power and you're likely to come out ahead in the aggregate.

Yeah, my plan get's me Synthroid cheap but I pay a bunch for Elequis and Jardiance because of my plan. The tier system is a killer. But, overall, I pay way, WAY less than "list price" even for Tier 1 drugs - assuming they are covered. I think I mentioned that I'm forced to switch from Jardiance to Farxiga now as the insurance dropped coverage of Jardiance.

All plans seem to cover different drugs at different levels. That's why my old Megacorp sent us to a benefits manager to see what plan is best for us. We can check every year and change if we so desire. DW and I use different insurance because of our mix of drugs. It's a pain but worth the effort. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom