So far so good.

nun

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Six months into ER. So far my spending is at a 1.8% annual withdrawal rate and my portfolio has grown by 3%. The spending rate is just as I'd budgeted even with a couple of unplanned trips to the UK.

With all the uncertainty around the ACA I'm glad I decided to buy insurance from my previous employer as a deferred retiree. I pay $483/month for a cadillac health plan and dental insurance which has already paid for 50% of a crown that I needed. It also looks as if some proposed reductions to retiree health insurance won't go through now and when I turn 55 my premium should go down to $120/month.

Good to hear. So besides the budget doing well, how do you like being retired?

Congratulations. It's great that even with two unplanned trips you are at 1.8%

Good to hear. So besides the budget doing well, how do you like being retired?

I'm doing a lot of cycling and I've lost some weight, so that's good. It's basically like one very long weekend. I have my eye out for some part time work.....I was offered something on a contracting basis, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted so I passed on it and decided to look some more.

Congratulations. It's great that even with two unplanned trips you are at 1.8%

Yes it's a nice feeling. The $1200/month rent check from my tenants helps a lot. So far I'm still spending down the cash in my checking account.

Back
Top Bottom