So, future ERer or dissipated gambler?

You know you're not gonna win the "sports pool" at the front.

10 x 10 grid, numbers drawn at random after filled out grid. Four winners, 1st, half, 3rd quarter, final.

If you do win, go have a nice supper!

That's why it is a perfect starting game for future kiddo gamblers. Learn math and probability. Low chance of a dopamine hit for the kids too, so most get a bad taste in their mouth like I did.

Now if the kids win, I think the dopamine can be managed for that one time.

My 12 yo grandson invests all of his money (presents and earnings) in equities in a Schwab Custodial Account I set up. He is up to $2k. I made him put half in a total market index fund to serve as a benchmark against his stock picks. He has recently acknowledged that index funds are the more reliable route to gains, although he still wants to play around with picks with a portion of his portfolio.

Tonight he is over watching the Nats game on TV with his grandmother. I heard him talking to her about his latest scheme. His dad (DS) let him put $25 into some complex pool betting on the results of the Masters. He told DW that he hopes to win the first place $7k. If he does, $3k goes into Amazon, $1k split amount his other stocks and stock slices, and the other $3k “straight into my index fund.”

LOL.

12 yo with $2k invested. You go boy!

With that much time on his side maybe a share of... TSLA!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom