Sold all my stocks

The predictions of David Tice:
12 April 2018 Take your money and run. Market is pretty dangerous. Could lose 20 to 25%
9 Dec 2017 Stocks could go higher, but then succumb to a market that is going to suck. As deep as 50%.
28 Aug 2014 30% to 60% decline for stocks. Gold will go far above $3000 an ounce
10 Oct 2012 This is like 2008 right before the market crashed.
28 Jan 2010 the S&P 500 will sink to 400, while gold will skyrocket to $2500 an ounce
He knows that he should say many things and then when one actually comes true he'll proclaim he was a genius. Seems to be how many "predictors" of finance and economy work :)

Dear Running_Man,
On 22FEB2018, the S&P500 was at 2703.
Today on 06JUN2018 it is at 2771.
,dave

On 22FEB2018, the DJIA was at 24962.
Today on 06JUN2018 it is at 25146.

On 22FEB2018, the DJIA was at 7210.
Today on 06JUN2018 it is at 7689.

Was there actually a "a move of epic proportions and speed to the downside" at some point in the past few months? If so, when did that happen?

Last edited:
Go back a page, he bought back in to his previous stock allocation in April.

Unless you're just trying to rub salt in the wound and :horse:.

:confused:

Dear Running_Man,
On 22FEB2018, the S&P500 was at 2703.
Today on 06JUN2018 it is at 2771.
,dave
Did you miss his follow-up message from 4/4?

OK as of 11 AM this morning with the S&P500 at around 2600 I am back to 25% stocks as I took the simple route for now of buying the index and came back up to my minimum holding of stocks as the market was easily able to handle the bad news. While stocks do not appear cheap and debt is an issue, there is also possible increases in inflation that need to be met and that is through stock ownership, so for now the big decline I felt could be imminent I will take that risk on. Overall the market is about 100 S&P points lower than when I got out, but that is really not a factor in this decision. And I am not loading up on stocks, merely going back to what I previously had been willing to call my minimum.

Go back a page, he bought back in to his previous stock allocation in April.

Unless you're just trying to rub salt in the wound and :horse:.

:confused:

I did miss it, too. GENIUS!!! Where do I sign up for the Market Timing service?

I am not too smart to time the market so while still working, I never sold any of my stock holdings. I went thru the collapse of the tech bubble crash, effects of the 9/11 attack, the financial crisis of 2008 and other bear markets but held on. I fact, I kept adding what ever I could afford and invest it. I still had income from my job so was able to hang on to any crisis.
I had an office mate who kept buying and selling, trying to time the market. Maybe he was smart or not to do it but all I know is that I was able to retire in 2015 (age 60), financial secured and been travelling a lot and he is still working at age 64 and tells me he is worried what will happen to him if he loses his Job..(we earned basically the same salary while working in the same company).

The predictions of David Tice:
12 April 2018 Take your money and run. Market is pretty dangerous. Could lose 20 to 25%
9 Dec 2017 Stocks could go higher, but then succumb to a market that is going to suck. As deep as 50%.
28 Aug 2014 30% to 60% decline for stocks. Gold will go far above $3000 an ounce
10 Oct 2012 This is like 2008 right before the market crashed.
28 Jan 2010 the S&P 500 will sink to 400, while gold will skyrocket to $2500 an ounce

Guess Tice was off with his April prediction, glad I didn't pull out based on his prediction. S&P up over 8% since then. Or maybe he has an opened ended date for when the drop may occur.

Guess if he says it often enough he'll proclaim victory when something happens. Again on September 13th his words of wisdom:

'I'm nervous' that a market meltdown is unfolding, investor David Tice warns

I think Tice is basically what's known as a PermaBear.

Me thinks he should hibernate then.

People actually pay him and other listen to his drivel? Why? Must be a good entertainer.

Back
Top Bottom