Sorry, I was too busy enjoying my ER to post in this forum ...

robnplunder

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I used to post a fair number of posts before and after ER (6 years ago). Of late, I have not been posting. I have a hard time finding time (no pun intended) to post because I simply am too busy enjoying my ER. Did this happen to you? Of course, if you are like me, you are not reading this post b/c you are enjoying life doing something else. :LOL:

I have the opposite problem. My posts are too long! And I don’t care as much what people think about them or anything else!

glad to see you back, it is always nice to hear back from folks.
Sometimes I wonder what has happened to members who post frequently, then stop. Hopefully, most are out having too much fun to write!
Retirement is all about doing what you enjoy.

It's definitely happening to me, even though I'm not a recognized/memorable poster on this forum. I had hoped to join in and post a lot, but that sort of went out the window.

Dh is coming up on one year of retirement and since that time we moved, so we explored a bit of local stuff and then I started painting the interior of our house, learned to paint and remake furniture (not refinishing but painting over stain, etc), sew slip covers for furniture, make some of my own wall hangings (thanks to nothing in the stores!), and now I'm starting watercolor painting. All of that stemmed from the pandemic emptying out stores of household things plus me not liking the few things I did see. I'm a do-er, so the lack of home items led me to make my own stuff.

In between all of that, I'm also still trying to get a handle on the financial parts like rolling over a 401k, ROTH conversions, etc. I'm as busy as ever! I can't imagine how busy I'll be once we feel like we can travel again.

OP, I'm glad your absence was due to your having fun in retirement!

Well, if one is going to be absent from the forum, that's about the best reason there could possibly be. Good for ya!

I ebb and flow on how much time I spend reading/posting here. I was a heavy reader/poster when I was pre-retirement and planning my escape. I worked in software and confess most of my time while waiting for my software to compile/build/download I was on the forum. When I retired, I didn't have those built in mini-blocks of time to check in here.

Welcome back, Robnplunder.

Gee, I dunno.....this is my second visit this year.....maybe I have been busy, but .....
seriously, it just seems like there are times when it is nice to lurk around here and other times when I kinda forget about the forum....ALWAYS INTERESTING when I do check in! (had to ask for new password this time as I forgot log in info...)

I was a lot more active when I was a wanna be retiree. Now I've got fun things to do, but I stop in occasionally. Always interesting reading here.

Nice to hear from you again! I think of you as the king of the thread named " Investment Performance Thread".
I'm a busy person in retirement but always seem to find time to visit here. I'm up early and home for lunch and evenings back in home after dark, so I enjoy the social life I get here with friends.

I start a post occasionally, as needed. I reply to other poses if I think I can offer something useful, or to join others in offering congrats (or sadly condolences). But I have cut back on how often I go on this site; I think I'm down to about 50 times a day.

I was a lot more active when I was a wanna be retiree. Now I've got fun things to do, but I stop in occasionally. Always interesting reading here.

That's one of my reasons. I keep find a new thing I am interested in besides my regular hobbies (golf, baduk, etc). So much so that, I have to force myself take a day off once in a while to catch up with house chores.

I ebb and flow on how much time I spend reading/posting here. I was a heavy reader/poster when I was pre-retirement and planning my escape. I worked in software and confess most of my time while waiting for my software to compile/build/download I was on the forum. When I retired, I didn't have those built in mini-blocks of time to check in here.

Welcome back, Robnplunder.

I was lurking, reading a lot when I was working, too. I was managing different engineering groups (SW, QA, HW) and found time in between crises to visit the site. That worked as a motivation to pass one more workday without going insane. :)

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your retirement.

I try to read this forum every day and sometimes I will read a few times per day. When I have been at my daughter's house with the grandkids, I won't get to log in at times. I was there one time for 6 weeks and one time for 8 weeks. I have found that I missed out on important threads because of this. For instance, I totally missed that RichinTampa had died. I still don't know how he died or if it was sudden. I think of him often and hoped that it was sudden and that he did not suffer. I am so glad that I saw the thread where W2R is out of the hospital and safely at home.

We are leaving tomorrow for Amish country in OH for four days, but I will probably check in quickly at night on my iPad.

I visit the forum often, multiple times a day. The only reason this is possible is because I use the iOS app and it makes it easy. If I had to visit the website, then I wouldn’t be here as often.

Even with the app, my participation is sporadic and I don’t follow all threads. Marking threads is read is easy with the app, so I can easily skip topics that don’t interest me or are getting old.

Lots of good info and people here, so it’s nice to make an appearance every now and then.

I visit the forum often, multiple times a day. The only reason this is possible is because I use the iOS app and it makes it easy. If I had to visit the website, then I wouldn’t be here as often.

Even with the app, my participation is sporadic and I don’t follow all threads. Marking threads is read is easy with the app, so I can easily skip topics that don’t interest me or are getting old.

Lots of good info and people here, so it’s nice to make an appearance every now and then.

+1 the app makes it easy. It’s all I ever use. The main limitation with it, is the inability to view and participate in polls. But as we all know, with any poll on this forum you just have to respond that none of the options are correct [emoji4]

For instance, I totally missed that RichinTampa had died. I still don't know how he died or if it was sudden. I think of him often and hoped that it was sudden and that he did not suffer. I am so glad that I saw the thread where W2R is out of the hospital and safely at home.

I sure hope W2R is doing well.

I think another reason for staying away was that posts repeat themselves. Similar questions, comments cycle through.

I think another reason for staying away was that posts repeat themselves. Similar questions, comments cycle through.

Well, we just have to find other more interesting things to talk about.

And it has to be interesting but not attracting Porky. That's the challenge.

I used to post a fair number of posts before and after ER (6 years ago). Of late, I have not been posting. I have a hard time finding time (no pun intended) to post because I simply am too busy enjoying my ER. Did this happen to you? Of course, if you are like me, you are not reading this post b/c you are enjoying life doing something else. :LOL:

+1. My guitar hobby is taking all my time, and that's a good thing.

YES, my post frequency went down, big time, after I FIRED

I would say it probably the same here. Lots of posts pre FIRE to obviously understand living in retirement and retirement finances. Have that down now and I am busy with travel and volunteer duties. Basically everything I was unable to do because of w@rk, I now have the pleasure of doing them all…

Back
Top Bottom