Strange movement of a vehicle

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
How in the heck can this happen:confused:

OK, was looking to see how much I might have in lost value on my truck... so look in Auto Trader and came across a vehicle with a strange carfax...

Car has a total of 23 miles... but it looks like it was sold in Florida, titled in Arizona, sold at auction in Florida (wonder if it every left), somehow got into Pennsylvania and has now been titled there.... all between Oct and Mar...

Someone who has been in the business.... what is going on? Seems like a big waste moving the vehicle around like this...

Date:Mileage:Source:Comments:
10/13/2014 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale
02/04/2015 9 Wilde Honda
Sarasota, FL
941-923-3413
02/25/2015 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Torrance, CA
Title #0 Title issued or updated
First owner reported 03/09/2015 23 Auto Auction
Florida Sold at auction
xpert-details-infer-record-topper.gif

03/16/2015 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale
03/24/2015 24 Honda Certified Dealer
Springfield, PA Offered for sale as a
Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle
Alabaster Silver Metallic exterior
Gray interior
03/26/2015 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Springfield, PA
Title #7 WR Title issued or updated
Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory

I bet it wasn't underwater more than a few hours. The title, on the other hand has been washed, pressed, and is sparkly clean!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Interesting hobby you have ,Tex.

I once was looking at a never titled Mustang convertible, genuine <50 mile car for about $10k when it should have been $25k+, I called the guy and he said, no kidding, it fell off the delivery truck and he bought it at an auction from the insurance company and did major body work although the drive system was unused. I passed but it was a genuine offer.

Interesting hobby you have ,Tex.

I am working on loss of value for the wreck that DW was just in... I will have a thread asking about that soon....

None of the ones I looked at had an accident... but I was surprised at the vehicles that were offered for sale as used and had very few miles...

... but I was surprised at the vehicles that were offered for sale as used and had very few miles...

In my (very brief) stint as a car salesman I was surprised at this too. Apparently some people buy new cars with about the same level of thought they give to buying a pizza.

Then they changes their minds and buy something else, I guess they don't even think about depreciation. Quite foreign thinking to me, and probably has a lot to do with why I was a bad fit for that job.

What is going on, hail damaged cars, house roof and now this:facepalm:

Hope things get resolved OK and your luck improves.

What is going on, hail damaged cars, house roof and now this:facepalm:

Hope things get resolved OK and your luck improves.

LOL... I do hope so.... I mean I am working on 5 claims at once :blush:

I would say that there was a time in my life that I went over 20 years without any insurance claim (except health)... and this is my first property claim ever... so, yes, I do hope to get back to that soon...

Such cheap cars are usually sold with a salvage title most likely due to accidents. I would not buy any vehicle with a salvage title

I bet it wasn't underwater more than a few hours. The title, on the other hand has been washed, pressed, and is sparkly clean!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Lots of money passes hands unloading "flood cars". Don't think there's anything on the title that indicates flood damage as a salvaged title indicated the vehicle was crashed.

Even the scrap yards hate them. A few months my brother and I salvaged flood cars for scrap (we wanted to eat). When they were dropped by the crane, the dust clouds took forever to settle. The salvage owner was not happy, but he got paid for most of the flood mud.

Back
Top Bottom