T-Mobile: Auto-Pay Discount For Bill Payment by Credit Card Ending

Received the T-Mobile message today to move to debit or bank account. Have been 55+ since it started. Guess everyone will get the notice. Need to take action by 08/13.

I, too, received this notice and I wasn't surprised. More and more businesses are asking for bank payment (transfer or debit) and not letting us collect all the miles and points are their dime.

Marc

With the $15 deal expiring and the $5 deal here and there, what kind of bills are folks paying to T-mobile??

We pay less than $50/month to Consumer cellular and they send us a bill. It's true we have limited data (maybe 1Meg??) But we are connected via WiFI most of the time, so our data is limited. Don't think we've ever been charged for extra data. YMMV

With the $15 deal expiring and the $5 deal here and there, what kind of bills are folks paying to T-mobile??

We pay less than $50/month to Consumer cellular and they send us a bill. It's true we have limited data (maybe 1Meg??) But we are connected via WiFI most of the time, so our data is limited. Don't think we've ever been charged for extra data. YMMV

For $70 per month including taxes and fees we get mobile with unlimited date and free data overseas and free calling in Canada and Mexico and cheap calling in the rest of the world; as we like to travel this is a good plan.

For an additional $40 per month including taxes and fees we get 5g internet at home. We run YouTube TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and all of our computers, phones, iPads, and soundbars though this connection.

So, in total we pay $110 per moth to T-mobile and are very happy.

Marc

Last edited:
For $70 per month including taxes and fees we get mobile with unlimited date and free data overseas and free calling in Canada and Mexico and cheap calling in the rest of the world; as we like to travel this is a good plan.

For an additional $40 per month including taxes and fees we get 5g internet at home. We run YouTube TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and all of our computers, phones, iPads, and soundbars though this connection.

So, in total we pay $110 per moth to T-mobile and are very happy.

Marc

That sounds excellent. It's not something we need, but a good value for you. Glad it w*rks out.

I actually just joined T-Mobile in April or so. I am single, so pay $65 per month for one line for the Magenta Max 55+ plan. I switched to leverage their quite extensive international coverage. I used it very successfully in my May multi-country trip to Europe. I value convenience in addition to a reasonable price.

I like that it also gives me a free subscription to Netflix and Apple TV+. I also signed up for the free season of MLB.tv and it paid for my AAA membership for a year. So I view this as costing quite a bit less than $65 per month. At least for the first year.

By the way, when I signed up for the service in April, they already were not offering the auto payment discount if you signed up with a credit card. I think they will eventually force everyone to make the decision on that topic. They seem to be doing it in phases.

We have the senior $70 per month 2 lines unlimited data plan but we also pay another $10 per line upgrade for the Max version for the up to 40GB high speed hotspot tethering. We travel a lot and use the hotspot capability a lot when traveling. This version also enhances international coverage - 5GB per month high speed data internationally per line, and supports free internet on planes. Our version also includes Netflix. We upgraded from an older limited data T-Mobile plan where we were actually paying more when you took into account the cost of Netflix.

We have an old T-Mobile plan and pay $40/line. I pay $5 extra for one of the lines for the plus features, including 20GB tethering, unlimited in-flight internet, 5GB high-speed international data. We pay extra for the better version of Netflix, which adds $10/month. Our bill is usually $165/month.

Our plan still supports kickback, where if you use less than 2GB of data, they give you $10 back, reducing the cost to $30/line.

I’ve looked at upgrading to one of the newer plans, but the cost is always more. It would be nice to get the extra perks on all of the lines instead of one.

I've had T-mobile for years and I have been paying separately for Netflix for years. Does anyone know the procedures I would follow (on T-mobile app and/or Netflix app) to get Netflix for free with my T-mobile?

thanks,

Marc

PS I would rather not get a new Netflix account as I have a lot of stuff in my list and I have modified the settings.

Just got the email about auto pay discounts. Switched it to a debit card at a secondary credit union we use in Texas. The account has a small pension going in and now about the same going out on a monthly basis so it works out ok.

I would bet that if you login to your account online, you will see the notice. And I would also bet you agreed that would be sufficient notice when you signed up with them.

How do I log into my account online using my desktop computer? T-mobile customer support has not been helpful. T-Mobile online it doesn't work on Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. I never had this issue with my Sprint account. I won't use FireFox or Safari on the desktop, so it only works on my iPhone using Safari.

Ugh...

How do I log into my account online using my desktop computer? T-mobile customer support has not been helpful. T-Mobile online it doesn't work on Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. I never had this issue with my Sprint account. I won't use FireFox or Safari on the desktop, so it only works on my iPhone using Safari.

Ugh...

I'm a Safari user normally, but I thought your situation sounded odd so I just logged into my T-Mobile account using Google Chrome on my laptop. No problem, everything worked normally. I would suggest you examine what sorts of ad blockers, etc. you may have installed.

Welcome to the New Day... Mobile phone and internet service is becoming the new home and auto insurance industry where momma said "You better shop around"

I do the same thing. I have a "small" account and debit card setup for Internet transactions, usually keep less than $500 in there. Works well.

For me, the savings amount to $20/month, so a significant change.

For $240/year I don't mind changing it to a very small checking account I have at a credit union. There is never much more in that account than would cover the monthly phone bill so I won't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom