Toilet paper but no Root Beer

I don't normally keep soda in the house, whether diet or sugary. But after reading this thread I just had to go look online for diet root beer. Surely you all were exaggerating, or so I thought.

I was shocked! A&W rootbeer really isn't available at any of the sites where I usually order such things online. Well, except for the dry mix that Cathy63 so nicely pointed out in the post above.

I am not sure I believe that people are now desperately hoarding diet root beer. I mean, I've met some crazy people in my life but this takes the cake. What a mystery.

I visited a 90+ fellow the other day to help him with his Medicare choices... and he had 4 cases of diet root beer on the kitchen floor.

It made me think of this thread :D

Well there ya go!

I'm seeing reduced variety in lots of products. Supply chain issues are forcing manufacturers to produce only the most popular (or profitable) lines.

This seems especially true with store brands. Liquid hand soap was in short supply for a while, but now you can buy all you want...of the name brand. No store brand option. And I notice it's watered down a lot compared to how it used to be.

Finally! I scored a 12 pack of diet A&W root beer on my bi-weekly grocery trip today. I'm as happy as a clam at high tide.

Finally! I scored a 12 pack of diet A&W root beer on my bi-weekly grocery trip today. I'm as happy as a clam at high tide.

:dance::dance::dance:

You only bought one? When I find them, I get 'em all.

Congratulations, I am impressed! Yesterday I couldn't find any online at Amazon, Walmart, Target, or anywhere. Not that I want it (I don't drink sodas) but I was simply amazed at the scarcity of A&W diet root beer.

Congratulations, I am impressed! Yesterday I couldn't find any online at Amazon, Walmart, Target, or anywhere. Not that I want it (I don't drink sodas) but I was simply amazed at the scarcity of A&M diet root beer.

DW picked up a Diet A&W 12pk today on her biweekly order at WM. For some reason it has always been a crapshoot if there will be any in stock. Her fallback has been the 2L bottles. Usually, but not always, they are available at WM.

Well diet Root Beer by us, but issues again with paper towels and toilet paper.

OP here with an update. My daughter has been looking for me.............and she even recruited an army of her friends to look EVERY time they shop. One of those friends came through for me. I'm good 'til mid-April! :

Attachments

• Stewarts.jpg
    Stewarts.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 32
Just when we thought it was over...

Now there's a PVC shortage. It's getting hard to find PVC electrical work boxes or conduit. That section at Lowe's yesterday looked like the toilet paper section at WalMart did back in the spring.

I guess it's due to a shortage of the plastic "beads" used as a raw material for all kinds of things. I can only imagine where this might lead. We take plastic for granted almost as much as toilet paper!

Just when we thought it was over...

Now there's a PVC shortage. It's getting hard to find PVC electrical work boxes or conduit. That section at Lowe's yesterday looked like the toilet paper section at WalMart did back in the spring.

I guess it's due to a shortage of the plastic "beads" used as a raw material for all kinds of things. I can only imagine where this might lead. We take plastic for granted almost as much as toilet paper!

There is currently a massive demand for and shortage of PVC pipe and fittings here in TX. None to be found anywhere thanks to hundreds of thousands of broken water pipes resulting from the recent ERCOTalypse.

And meanwhile, I guess maybe the TP shortage is over for good? Once again there was plenty of my favorite kind (Northern) on Target's website, so I ordered a package of 18 mega-rolls and it is going to be delivered tomorrow. So easy compared with 6-8 months ago.

Yeah, that's a lot of TP but I had a lot when the pandemic first hit so I'm just replenishing what I had.

You Texans can have my share of PVC pipes and fittings. Don't need them, don't want them, wouldn't know what to do with them if I had any.

TP, hand sanitizer in stock and even Lysol disinfectant spray which I have not seen since last May. The spray cans are being sold for $9 per can.

TP, hand sanitizer in stock and even Lysol disinfectant spray which I have not seen since last May. The spray cans are being sold for $9 per can.

None of the above at Costco nor TP nor Isopropyl alcohol. Haven't looked for PVC. YMMV

None of the above at Costco nor TP nor Isopropyl alcohol. Haven't looked for PVC. YMMV

Also have not seem hydrogen peroxide at Costco in a long time. Thankfully I can usually find it at the local pharmacy.

Also have not seem hydrogen peroxide at Costco in a long time. Thankfully I can usually find it at the local pharmacy.

That's what's strange at our Costco. The IPA and H2O2 always sat together on the shelves at our Costco. NOW, it's ALL H2O2. HUNDREDS of bottles of peroxide (3 vol.) but NO IPA for months now. YMMV

A couple more odd ones: Still almost no witch hazel to be found anywhere, and when one or two bottles are available, they're much more expensive than they used to be.

Recently, everyone was out of those kitchen wipes for stainless steel appliances. One place finally got some in stock just the other day.

My assumption is that production has shifted to the more popular products, like rubbing alcohol and disinfecting wipes. Plus, these newly-scarce products use the same type of container as those in-demand items, so I assume container shortages continue.

DH and I are having withdrawals for Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice cream. Hasn't been stocked by the 2 groceries that carry it for 4-6 months. It's still being made and supposedly still carried by one of the grocers, but not having luck finding it. I go different days, different times thinking maybe a stocking issue but no luck.

Back
Top Bottom