Tricare Standard Copay Increase?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
If you have Tricare Std, you may want to contact your Congressman and try to get them to stop this. This is part of an email that I received from MOAA.

Having been assured by Defense leaders earlier this year that they wouldn't seek any TRICARE fee increases for FY2010, MOAA was shocked and disappointed when the Defense Department announced on Sept 30 that it would be raising the inpatient copay for retired TRICARE Standard beneficiaries by $110 per day (from $535 to $645) as of Oct 1.

How does TRICARE standard work? Do you pay monthly for the insurance?
I work with a lot of veterans, and I'm usually confused by their descriptions of the policy and what it means.
Thanks.

This may help you T2019. Thanks for helping vets.

TRICARE Standard is the TRICARE option that provides the most flexibility to TRICARE-eligible beneficiaries. It is the fee-for-service option that gives beneficiaries the opportunities to see any TRICARE-authorized provider. TRICARE Standard is not available to active duty service members. Standard shares most of the costs of medically necessary care from civilian providers when military treatment facility (MTF) care is unavailable.
TRICARE Standard Overview - Military Benefits - Military.com

Looks like three choices. I'd go for Prime if I had to make the choice.

Have to expect cut-back of health-care benefits in these times. Wife's employer just jacked up our cost by $1500 per year. So we had to scale back to a PPO.

Tough choices all around.

Back
Top Bottom