Tulsa Trip Recommendations

Toast

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi, I am heading to Tulsa later this month for a weeklong business trip. Is anyone familiar with the area? Any sights worth seeing, things to do, or great restaurants? I’ll have a rental car and be there a whole week. Thanks in advance!

I have never been to Tulsa but I always check out the Frommers travel site for suggestions before traveling to a new city. I have heard that Tulsa is known for their cultural attractions.

I always check out the Frommers travel site for suggestions before traveling to a new city.

Thank you for suggesting Frommers. I hadn’t heard of it. I clearly need to travel more. [emoji23]

The Bob Dylan Center looks interesting. Thanks for the tip. We saw Dylan in concert a little over a decade ago. He was touring with Merle Haggard as the opening act.

Used to travel to Tulsa a couple times a year for work a couple things I recall was the Oral Roberts Praying hands sculpture, was very impressive structure and easily accessible. For a nice fancy meal, Mahgoany Steakhouse was our go to place.

Used to travel to Tulsa a couple times a year for work a couple things I recall was the Oral Roberts Praying hands sculpture, was very impressive structure and easily accessible. For a nice fancy meal, Mahgoany Steakhouse was our go to place.

Great suggestions! I really appreciate them.

If you haven’t already gone yet, Mahogany is good. I used to like Bodean Seafood too. Good seafood in Tulsa? Who woulda thunk it? If you don’t want fancy, I always liked Hideaway Pizza, and if you just need a quick cheap meal, I still dream of the chicken chunks at Charlie’s Chicken, a local fast food joint (some locations are better than others). Oh - Goldie’s had good burgers.

If it wasn't 180 degrees outside, I'd suggest Gathering Place. It's a fantastic park.

Be aware, we had a huge storm hit the entire city with 100mph winds a couple of weeks ago. Major damage throughout the metro area. I think they got most of the big trees out of the roads, but it will be months before it's cleaned up. If you're looking for something to do, bring a chainsaw with you.

Back
Top Bottom