U.S. Government Rigging The Equity Markets?

Donner, my last remark wasn't constructive at all. You are insightful and welcome at the board. I disagree with a lot of your points of view, but the goal here I think is informative conversation and not to create a personality cult or cheering squad.

As far as taking action to intervene in discussions when they turn ugly, the biggest problem is that no one can agree when the right time to take action is. It's very subjective and inherently biased. Intervention would shift the griping to discussions of moderator policies; I've seen this at other boards.

The good news is that this board in general self-moderates better than anywhere else I've been. Unfortunately it's still been heated enough that some users have either stomped off or faded away. All I can offer is that we are now actively splitting out off-topic arguments from threadjacked topics so it's easier to ignore marginally related hotbutton arguments while discussing a financial/ER topic.

Donner
IMHO the strength of this board is the diverse opinions that come from its members. OTOH, it is just a free board. Nobody on this board is going to buy you a beer, dent your car, mow your lawn or watch your house while you're away. Take it for what it is. Put your ideas out there. Let others accept them or attack them. Then go on. No bullying here. Someone says something you don't like, respond or ignore it.

Uncledrz

Donner, Donner...........get a grip man. It's a "forum" where we have some fun and learn some stuff and gig each other. If you get this
worked up over a little criticism, you must have a hell of a time
with daily life.

JG

h****?

FWIW, I concur that things look threatening, looking out on the horizon. I'm not much into conspiracy theories, however. In my life, I've seen a president assassinated, two more shot at, MLK and RFK assassinated, Vietnam, Watergate, three oil shocks, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, commie dictators too numerous to mention, famine, hurricanes, earthquakes, sunamis, droughts, epidemics...

One could drive one's self over the edge if not careful!!

Hmmmm

At least it hasn't been boring. History marches on.

Heh, heh, heh, heh.

Pssst! - just keeping my post count up - no great thoughts.

Donner said:
I believe that the administrators, moderators and members of this public discussion Board, severally and jointly, bear a responsibility to protect members from undue an unwarranted harm caused by the intemperate words of  one or more members towards another member, in this particular case me.   Donner 

Severally and :confused: jointly?

Is author attorney? Or perhaps wants to be one?

Donner,

I have enjoyed reading your posts and I like hearing different points of view. I have to say tho, you are beginning to sound like h****. I haven't found anything especially bad about what Nords has posted - we all don't see things the same way and one person may see what you have written as interesting and thought provoking and another may see it as bullshit. It doesn't mean that one or the other are right. (It may be thought provoking and bullshit.  :D )

Just a little suggestion - if you and Nords can't play nice together, just ignore one another. We certainly don't need another JG/TH slugfest and I'd hate to start skipping your thoughtful posts because they contain another "Nords is out to get me" rant.

Whoa, just dodged my way though this thread.  Watch out!  Duck! Ouch.  Smack.

I am a simple person, possessing very little in the financial arena to contribute to this thread.  I haven't expended the energy to try to follow Donner's argument, but hey, it reads well, so it must be true. That said, I love the exquisite rare instances of high dudgeon.  If Nords can somehow provoke Donner into a most excellent world class rant, I say power to Nords. 

You go!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom